Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
ncpilot1996's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 65
Post When to apply for a regional...

So I am wondering when I should apply for a regional FO position. I graduate from college next may, I have 800 hours right now averaging close to 80 hours per month flight instructing and will be turning 21 next may with 1500 flight hours by the time I graduate.

Which regional airlines would be best?
Which ones offer a contractual employment offer prior to reaching the minimums?

I've thought about Air Wisconsin, Envoy, PSA, Piedmont, ExpressJet and a few others... Which would be the best option because I literally don't know much about the airline industry...
ncpilot1996 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpilot1996 View Post
So I am wondering when I should apply for a regional FO position. I graduate from college next may, I have 800 hours right now averaging close to 80 hours per month flight instructing and will be turning 21 next may with 1500 flight hours by the time I graduate.

Which regional airlines would be best?
Which ones offer a contractual employment offer prior to reaching the minimums?

I've thought about Air Wisconsin, Envoy, PSA, Piedmont, ExpressJet and a few others... Which would be the best option because I literally don't know much about the airline industry...
http://www.aerocrewnews.us/acn/2016/05-ACN-May-2016.pdf

Page 36 onwards
colonials13 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 386
Default

this question gets asked almost daily.
penaltybox is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #4  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
ncpilot1996's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
I am not even sure what half of that stuff meant...
ncpilot1996 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpilot1996 View Post
I am not even sure what half of that stuff meant...
Do some research on your own, youre asking people to spoon feed you. That chart has everything you need to know.
penaltybox is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 50
Default

Apply when you are ready to apply. When you have truly mastered the skills necessary, the right regional airline will reveal itself unto you.
BoldPilot is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #7  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
ncpilot1996's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penaltybox View Post
Do some research on your own, youre asking people to spoon feed you. That chart has everything you need to know.
I have but I don't understand some of it as it is COMPLETELY new to me. I'm not asking to be spoon fed anything my good sir. Just inquiring some information from those who are more experienced
ncpilot1996 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpilot1996 View Post
I am not even sure what half of that stuff meant...
It gives definitions. The rest is fairly self explanatory.
colonials13 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #9  
Living the Dream
 
deltajuliet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,769
Default

Apply a month before you meet the requirements. Maybe two.
deltajuliet is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #10  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,033
Default

Apply today.
Al Czervik is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
regional airlines
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scope: Outsourcing the Future OutsourceNoMo American 49 09-22-2017 09:05 AM
The Regional Poverty Churn Chuck D Regional 51 09-23-2014 08:08 AM
Should Regional Airlines Flatten Pay Scales tom11011 Regional 91 09-15-2014 11:46 AM
The Latest Hearing from ALPA.... DWN3GRN Major 18 06-12-2009 05:47 AM
recent news article about regional mins AFPirate Regional 6 11-26-2007 12:39 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:06 PM.