Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
Republic Airline Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #31  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: FO
Posts: 2,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
The only way that RAH can "collect" on the money (assuming you don't pay) is by serving you a summons and appearing in court...

This first letter is just an attempt to inform you of payment. After letting the deadline pass the only next step for them to take is serving you a summons..... This has to be done in person (they cannot mail you a summons regular mail). Either by law firm or certified mail..... You can make it difficult for them!

So logically you have to decide what the chances are they #1) find you in whatever city you are in...

And what are the chances they take it all the way to court...

I wouldn't pay for a lawyer until the time they actually serve you papers...

Training contracts are generally enforeceable assuming nothing was "promised to you" that didn't occur. There was a Flexjet pilot who fought this by way of not upgrading when they said he would. He won but it probably cost him more in lawyer fees than it would have to not fight it.

I signed a training contract back in the day at a charter co. Left a year early, and decided not to pay. They served me papers and it went to court. We settled out of court for slighly less than the original amount. However, if I had moved and they could not find me, then I would have been off the hook.
I'm sure they have more than enough information to turn it over to a collections agency and trash his credit. No need to find him.
BlueMoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Kalamazoo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: Not sure anymore
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot View Post
I'm "casting judgement" on someone who broke a contract; what's your point? And I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously with that avatar. Fair-weather fan, are we?
You love to speak about what you don't know. Care to make a fool out of yourself with any more assumptions?

To the OP: these contracts have been successfully fought, unfortunately it will take your time and resources in court to make this issue go away. Good luck with this situation and your medical issues.

Last edited by Kalamazoo; 03-11-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Kalamazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #33  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FixTheMess's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2010
Posts: 238
Default

This thread sums up the character of SJS pilots. Lie, cheat, steal your way to a job that you are under-qualified for by any means necessary, and then scream how unfair it is when something like this happens.

I am not a fan of training contracts. That is why I wouldn't go somewhere that has one. If you all would follow suit, maybe Republic pilots wouldn't be flying 90 seat aircraft around for embarrassing wages.

I never thought the day would come, but I completely side with Management. This is a good time to learn accountability. Pay the money you owe them, and learn from your mistakes.
FixTheMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #34  
Line Holder
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 170 FO
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
In HotMamapilots eyes you are a shady character!
Another empty kitchen is calling!

TurboDog, sorry that you had to go through that and you have my sympathies.
Not that I agree with "HotMamaPilot" because I don't. But how do you say something like "another empty kitchen" and then with your next post chide someone for being immature?

With all the ignorant ammo HMP sets you up for you can easily find another way to insult her without lumping the rest of the female pilots in with her.

Unless of course that's really your opinion of us
HookEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #35  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Posts: 283
Default

Signing a contract and actually abiding by it - What a concept.

If you don't agree to the terms, don't sign it.

Even if the contract doesn't make you want to vomit, the volatility of the airline industry alone should steer you away from signing one of those things. Just look at some of those guys at Eagle who had to sign that 2 year deal - They're now tied to a sinking ship.
FDX8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #36  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player
Posts: 3,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixTheMess View Post
This thread sums up the character of SJS pilots. Lie, cheat, steal your way to a job that you are under-qualified for by any means necessary, and then scream how unfair it is when something like this happens.
For 20K/yr...what do you expect? But I agree it should be enforced unless the person can lawyer out of it somehow. Only when people realize the reality of the job, will they possibly take a second to think about whether it's worth it. Yet another reason there will be a pilot shortage...people unwilling to "pay" for their job...
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #37  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: A320 Captain
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm View Post
Not that I agree with "HotMamaPilot" because I don't. But how do you say something like "another empty kitchen" and then with your next post chide someone for being immature?

With all the ignorant ammo HMP sets you up for you can easily find another way to insult her without lumping the rest of the female pilots in with her.

Unless of course that's really your opinion of us
I agree with you! Hotmamapilot and I have a disliking for each other.
Apologies to you HookEm and all the other females out there.
Bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #38  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HotMamaPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm View Post
Not that I agree with "HotMamaPilot" because I don't. But how do you say something like "another empty kitchen" and then with your next post chide someone for being immature?

With all the ignorant ammo HMP sets you up for you can easily find another way to insult her without lumping the rest of the female pilots in with her.

Unless of course that's really your opinion of us
I love it when I am called "ignorant" if I don't agree with the blue bloods on this forum. I am very certain of which political party most of you vote with.
The guy broke a contract; this is a FACT. But you people don't care about facts. Oh well, I'll go back to my VERY EXPENSIVE kitchen.
HotMamaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #39  
Gets Weekends Off
 
The Chow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 1st year pay for the 3rd time
Posts: 1,408
Default Training contracts

Enforceability is on a state by state basis.
So check the state that Republic is going to sue you in.
I think you have to be somewhere around $75k for the lawsuit to be filed in federal court.

However, your best bet after speaking with an attorney is to open up dialogue with the former company and work out a solution.
It only gets worse from here if you don't.

Fwiw

TC
The Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #40  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
I'm sure they have more than enough information to turn it over to a collections agency and trash his credit. No need to find him.

I don't think it can go directly to collections... It's a training contract, not a recurring bill (like a gym membership).. It can eventually go to collections, but only after it proceeds through the proper channels, IE:court. Then it's up to the judge how to proceed with the transfer of money...
kingairfun is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republic may drop Midwest name Pielut Major 187 03-23-2010 06:20 PM
Bidding while in training Dahlysia Cargo 4 12-24-2009 08:28 PM
Republic Amends Delta & United Contract Lbell911 Regional 11 08-28-2007 06:03 PM
ASA or REPUBLIC kremit14 Regional 17 05-05-2007 05:18 PM
Republic Airways Purchase of MidAtlantic Assets Official Frisky Pilot Major 0 06-23-2005 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:27 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1