Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Republic Airline (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/)
-   -   Republic Training Contract Being Enforced! (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/65942-republic-training-contract-being-enforced.html)

9easy 03-11-2012 05:40 PM

Contracts can be sent to collection agencies... I once got sent to a collection agency on a gym contract. Had to hire a lawyer to get rid of it.

TurboDog 03-11-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 1149728)
I love it when I am called "ignorant" if I don't agree with the blue bloods on this forum. I am very certain of which political party most of you vote with.
The guy broke a contract; this is a FACT. But you people don't care about facts. Oh well, I'll go back to my VERY EXPENSIVE kitchen.

It's not like any airline management has never broken a contract with it's pilot's union and gotten away with it right? Doesn't make it right, but it's reality.

We will see what the lawyer says, but I can see either me having a case, or the company having to force the contract (retro) on every person who ever broke it. (Which I have proof that they haven't as of yet) I'm sure that will fix their recruitment problems once that hits the streets.

RgrMurdock 03-11-2012 06:44 PM

I do find it ironic how there is such a stigma about defaulting on your mortgage, bills etc. You will fall into financial ruin and your friends will look down on you and cry "shame." But when a company like AA declares bankruptcy (even with 4 billion in the bank) it is heralded as a "brilliant business move."

featheredprop 03-11-2012 07:23 PM

I wish you luck . Even an affordable lawyer charges around $250 an hour with no guarantees of ever winning .Add into that posibly being seen by any future employers that you broke a written contract and even filed suit . Whatever you do I wish it all works out for you .

But what I do know is that others who come after you will with eyes open sign training contracts for the lull of flying a jet .

JamesNoBrakes 03-11-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RgrMurdock (Post 1150024)
I do find it ironic how there is such a stigma about defaulting on your mortgage, bills etc. You will fall into financial ruin and your friends will look down on you and cry "shame." But when a company like AA declares bankruptcy (even with 4 billion in the bank) it is heralded as a "brilliant business move."

True. There should be some sort of clause in the contract that it's only viable as long as the company is economically viable and can list a profit without cutting people or reducing pay. In other words, the company should be worth your effort. But in the end, a contract is a contract if you sign it.

Something somewhere has to give. Loan companies giving out $100,000 or more (private loans) for people to "become pilots". They'll do it if they think they can make a buck on it. When someone defaults, it shakes the entire chain and makes them go back and think that "maybe it's not such a great idea to aimlessly give out money for a job that can't really pay it back".

ThrustMonkey 03-12-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 1149728)
I love it when I am called "ignorant" if I don't agree with the blue bloods on this forum. I am very certain of which political party most of you vote with.
The guy broke a contract; this is a FACT. But you people don't care about facts. Oh well, I'll go back to my VERY EXPENSIVE kitchen.

Are we all supposed to be impressed now.....with your insinuation that you make alot of money? That make your argument more legit, make you feel better? Pathetic.

HookEm 03-12-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot (Post 1149728)
I love it when I am called "ignorant" if I don't agree with the blue bloods on this forum. I am very certain of which political party most of you vote with.
The guy broke a contract; this is a FACT. But you people don't care about facts. Oh well, I'll go back to my VERY EXPENSIVE kitchen.

Look if you came on here and had some sort of facts or at least articles to support your opinions such as "Dr. Joe Schmoes theory on how alcoholism is not a disease" or "case study when a contract was enforced even in the event of a medical dequal" than sure we can all have a hopefully mature discussion and agree to disagree. But the FACT is you do not bring anything to support your views and spout righteous indignation when in reality it sounds like to me this person was essentially fired by Republic. He had a medical issue, asked for FMLA and was denied and was left with no choice but to resign. Now his friend, I agree with you, is up a creek.

I'm frankly shocked by the immaturity in your posts. Blue Bloods? You can't be serious. Not that I owe you anything but I come from a military family some of whom are part of a union. And as a citizen of the United States I'm given one vote to use as I see fit, and so are you. One vote regardless of class or status. I'm on a trip but I'm looking forward to getting back to my small poor kitchen because that's where my family is and THAT is all that really matters.

Turbo, Good luck with your situation.

Silver02ex 03-12-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9easy (Post 1149983)
Contracts can be sent to collection agencies... I once got sent to a collection agency on a gym contract. Had to hire a lawyer to get rid of it.

That's because there was a monthly charge like a car loan and so on. I think a trainning contract is different. I got the same thing with a gym too, there's a term, interest, payments just like a car.

somertime32 03-12-2012 09:24 AM

Right......and any airline management team has never broken a contract.....that is a good one

BlueMoon 03-12-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingairfun (Post 1149746)
I don't think it can go directly to collections... It's a training contract, not a recurring bill (like a gym membership).. It can eventually go to collections, but only after it proceeds through the proper channels, IE:court. Then it's up to the judge how to proceed with the transfer of money...

It's not recurring, but i believe it does have a specified amount that is due should you leave. I can't speak to the RAH contract, but the CPZ contract spells out how much you owe for each month you have remaining. So it is fairly straight forward to determine how much you allegedly owe. So they send you a bill and after it is past due they can send it into collections in accordance with the law.

I have been told by a union rep that the CPZ contract was unenforcable as Minnessota was a "right to work" state, though I have never verified that claim. I do know they, CPZ, haven't enforced it on people in the past for leaving early and if they started enforcing it now on someone who left I would start collecting names of people who left and weren't asked to pay and get a lawyer and fight it from that angle.

That being said they asked for a year commitment and I would/did honor that and wouldn't really consider breaking that commitment unless there were highly unusual circumstances.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1