Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
Republic Airline Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,171
Exclamation Republic Training Contract Being Enforced!

Just got a call from a friend of mine who left Shuttle America last year after working for them for 10 months. He received a letter requesting repayment of the training contract within the month for $11,453.00. His letter says if the training contract is not repaid by March 21st Chautauqua will be moving forward with enforcement action.

I also left Shuttle last year, but I have yet to receive anything yet.

Does anyone have any info on people who may have fought the company on this? There was all sorts of talk in the past about these contracts not being worth the paper they are written on, so I guess we are about to find out.

Please PM me if anyone has any insight.
TurboDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
IrishFlyer757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Posts: 178
Default

If you signed a bank note with it then it is enforceable. If not, I think I heard that they are not enforceable. Look for a Great Lakes thread recently - someone posted a link about a lawsuit Lakes filed against a guy that left. He had signed a note with it - and he owed them their $7500.
IrishFlyer757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
IrishFlyer757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Posts: 178
Default

GREAT LAKES CASE
IrishFlyer757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Goodyear Blimp-roap jockey, CSIP, CFII, MEI
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
Just got a call from a friend of mine who left Shuttle America last year after working for them for 10 months. He received a letter requesting repayment of the training contract within the month for $11,453.00. His letter says if the training contract is not repaid by March 21st Chautauqua will be moving forward with enforcement action.

I also left Shuttle last year, but I have yet to receive anything yet.

Does anyone have any info on people who may have fought the company on this? There was all sorts of talk in the past about these contracts not being worth the paper they are written on, so I guess we are about to find out.

Please PM me if anyone has any insight.

I call BS...did your buddy pull the I don't have to give 2 weeks line? If so I think he may have ****ed someone off. Im S5 and I have had almost half my initial class from last April bail already and no one has been pimped on the contract yet...my guess is your friend may have ****ed someone off.
CFItillIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFlyer757 View Post
What was the final ruling from the Supreme Court?
stbloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 781
Default

...and to think everyone was bashing those who went to Silver for their training contract.

Last edited by sandrich; 03-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
sandrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PerpetualFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
...and to think everyone was bashing those who went to Silver for their training contract.
Those in glass houses ought not throw stones little one. Silver is still not a great place to be at regardless of the training contract.
PerpetualFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Posts: 341
Default

People sign a training contract and then bash Republic for enforcing it when they bail 6 months later? What do you expect? If I was BB I'd sell it to a collection agency and let them deal with it.
9easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualFlyer View Post
Those in glass houses ought not throw stones little one. Silver is still not a great place to be at regardless of the training contract.
My point was simply that everyone treats Silver as if they are/were the only airline with a training contract, thats all. As far as enforcement, depends on the situation. If you left to become a millionaire, courts probably wouldn't show any sympathy. Hope it works out for you guys.

Last edited by sandrich; 03-09-2012 at 09:04 PM.
sandrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PerpetualFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Posts: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
My point was simply that everyone treats Silver as if they are/were the only airline with a training contract, thats all. As far as enforcement, depends on the situation. If you left to become a millionaire, courts probably wouldn't show any sympathy. Hope it works out for you guys.
Too bad this thread wasn't about Silver, it's about Republic. Man, you Silver guys keep coming in and making every thread about yourselves, what are y'all trying to prove? Are you trying to justify going to work there?
PerpetualFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republic may drop Midwest name Pielut Major 187 03-23-2010 06:20 PM
Bidding while in training Dahlysia Cargo 4 12-24-2009 08:28 PM
Republic Amends Delta & United Contract Lbell911 Regional 11 08-28-2007 06:03 PM
ASA or REPUBLIC kremit14 Regional 17 05-05-2007 05:18 PM
Republic Airways Purchase of MidAtlantic Assets Official Frisky Pilot Major 0 06-23-2005 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:19 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1