Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
swiftdev082's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 21
Default Class Avail+Upgrade times for possible new FO

I'm interviewing with Republic next week. If I were to get an offer, does anybody know how quickly I could get into class, which base to choose for the most flying and fastest possible upgrade time?

Not saying I'm ready to be a Captain today but I am looking to work hard to get to that point as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks!
swiftdev082 is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fortyeight's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdev082 View Post
I'm interviewing with Republic next week. If I were to get an offer, does anybody know how quickly I could get into class, which base to choose for the most flying and fastest possible upgrade time?

Not saying I'm ready to be a Captain today but I am looking to work hard to get to that point as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks!
There are plenty of threads already with all this info on this forum.
fortyeight is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #3  
On Reserve
 
jimpix89's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
There are plenty of threads already with all this info on this forum.
great, please direct me to them, because forums with hundreds of pages of posts is an efficient and highly organized way to find information. I definitely didnít think search through it at all to find this info.
jimpix89 is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
deftone's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpix89 View Post
great, please direct me to them, because forums with hundreds of pages of posts is an efficient and highly organized way to find information. I definitely didnít think search through it at all to find this info.
to be fair, questions like upgrade times and bases are usually in the top two or three threads on our forum, so there is literally no search involved.

in terms of when to expect classes, I had 2 friends interview in the last few weeks and they got March and April.
deftone is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 02:44 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fortyeight's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpix89 View Post
great, please direct me to them, because forums with hundreds of pages of posts is an efficient and highly organized way to find information. I definitely didnít think search through it at all to find this info.
The top thread where it says start here has all the information you need.
fortyeight is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LoneStar32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdev082 View Post
I'm interviewing with Republic next week. If I were to get an offer, does anybody know how quickly I could get into class, which base to choose for the most flying and fastest possible upgrade time?

Not saying I'm ready to be a Captain today but I am looking to work hard to get to that point as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks!
week later. Upgrades timers are not connected to where you are based, they are based on seniority. You can get all the flying you want at any base.
LoneStar32 is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BravoTango's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar32 View Post
week later. Upgrades timers are not connected to where you are based, they are based on seniority. You can get all the flying you want at any base.


Not true you have to be able to hold captain in the base you want or you donít upgrade, no? Unless willing to move.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BravoTango is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 08:46 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
LoneStar32's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoTango View Post
Not true you have to be able to hold captain in the base you want or you donít upgrade, no? Unless willing to move.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is not true about it? Upgrading to CA itself is purely based on seniority. Now if you want a specific base or do not want to spend a few months somewhere else, that is entirely your own decision. And since there are no forced upgrades here, you can hold off until the base you want becomes available. You will have to to make that decision by determining if giving up that massive pay increase for a few months is worth keeping the QOL you currently have. Also you don't have to move, you can commute if you can't hold CA at your base of preference right away.
LoneStar32 is offline  
Old 02-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Auburn17Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 92
Default

7/18 hire and I was able to bid for a 5/20 effective upgrade as soon as I had the time. Start training next month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Auburn17Pilot is offline  
Old 02-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #10  
On Reserve
 
DragonFlyer14's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airline Pilot-Regional
Posts: 20
Default

Right now, upgrade times are as low as theyíve ever been. If youíre willing to take first upgrade, usually the more junior bases like LGA or BOS, you would be able to do so as soon as you have your 1000 hours of 121 time. We do not have forced upgrades here so if you arenít in a junior base and donít want to commute, you simply donít put a captain bid in.
DragonFlyer14 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Upgrade Times Scoop Delta 49 03-30-2020 06:40 AM
UAL Pilot Deadhead Language gzsg Delta 102 08-29-2017 05:12 PM
Upgrade times pilot4545 Regional 1 06-28-2017 10:29 AM
Current and projected upgrade times? 80KnotsV1 Regional 4 12-26-2015 09:35 PM
What Makes a Great Airline UConnQB14 Major 20 05-04-2006 03:36 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:44 PM.