Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Safety Accidents, suggestions on improving safety, etc
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #11  
Day puke
 
FlyJSH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.
Posts: 3,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Container brakes? Chocks? No. They're containers.

There were four containers in a train that passed the Citation, which were on wheels and together, but the rest were not.

"Act of God" springs to mind, for insurance purposes.


Yes, they are containers. And some containers have casters. Do these? The resolution on my screen isn't good enough to tell. Sorry.

When an ABX container with wheels rolled into one of our aircraft some 20 years ago, it was ABX that paid for the repairs. That impact was caused by the container rolling down a sloping ramp, not wind. I, having never attended law school, was simply wondering if it would legally be an act of your God smiting a sinful Citation, or if the container wranglers would be faulted for failing to corral the strays.
FlyJSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #12  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyJSH View Post
Yes, they are containers. And some containers have casters. Do these? The resolution on my screen isn't good enough to tell. Sorry.

When an ABX container with wheels rolled into one of our aircraft some 20 years ago, it was ABX that paid for the repairs. That impact was caused by the container rolling down a sloping ramp, not wind. I, having never attended law school, was simply wondering if it would legally be an act of your God smiting a sinful Citation, or if the container wranglers would be faulted for failing to corral the strays.
I've never seen a container with wheels. Fancy. One would think they'd get tied up in the rollers and mechanism on the cargo deck, wouldn't one?

When a microburst or tornado picks up containers and blows them across the ramp, it's not really a failing to "corral them." One could sue the storm, however.

Or the pilot that elected to land during said storm. How 'bout them apples?
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 823
Default

I wonder what the fuel truck guy was thinking when refueling a plane with an obvious thunderstorm nearby?
dera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
I wonder what the fuel truck guy was thinking when refueling a plane with an obvious thunderstorm nearby?
He may not have had much choice until lightning got within 3 or 5 miles (can't remember which) and they close the ramp. That could also vary by airport.
AirBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MrBojangles's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 427
Default

whats with the airplane going down the runway at the height of the storm?! and with mostly a tailwind too!
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
whats with the airplane going down the runway at the height of the storm?! and with mostly a tailwind too!
Tower was caught unaware when the Tornado was reported. Just one of those freak things where a minor rain shower managed to drop a funnel cloud. Crew reported winds were very variable on final so who knows what tower was calling winds when giving takeoff clearances.
AirBear is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citation Type Ratings MoZak18 Corporate 39 12-07-2017 08:35 AM
Spirit Airbus Captain reports UFO near KFLL lstorm2003 Hangar Talk 46 05-11-2014 05:23 AM
gulfstream concept now with jets themotleyfool Regional 21 08-22-2012 02:58 PM
Citation Excel Initial opinions. Joebootx Corporate 2 01-09-2011 03:58 AM
Citation Excel training FIREPILOT2 Corporate 3 08-19-2009 09:05 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:10 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1