Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: B767A[ret.]
Default Simulator instructors needed-DFW

From CAE, if you like "gee whiz" light shows. Not a bad staring salary-

Instructor Pilots and Maintenance Instructors - Dallas - CAE SimuFlite

CAE is a leading provider of simulation and modeling technologies and integrated training services for civil aviation, and defense customers worldwide. Founded in 1947 and headquartered in Canada, CAE has manufacturing operations and training facilities in 19 countries on five continents.
CAE SimuFlite, DFW is currently seeking qualified simulator and classroom instructors. A few positions available are: DA 900/2000 Instructor Pilots Citation 500 Instructor Pilots Beechjet Instructor Pilots Maintenance Instructors

A High School Degree or equivalent is required for all positions, and while a Type Rating in specific aircraft is preferred, it is not necessary.

CAE offers a in house dining facility, and state of the art equipment. The minimum starting salary for a full time instructor is approximately $55,000 a year, but could be more depending on qualifications, experience and the size and complexity of the aircraft simulator assigned.

Full-time employees are also offered immediate benefits including:

Health Insurance
A Vision Plan
Dental Insurance
Basic Life Insurance
Additional Life and AD&D Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Group Long Term Care Insurance
A Legal Plan
A Stock Purchas Plan
Tuition Assistance
Employee Assistance Plan
Savings and Investment Plan (401K)
Paid Vacations
11 Paid Holidays
Short Term and Long Term
Disability Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care Expenses)
For all positions available and to apply online, visit our website at www.caesimuflite.com, or email your resume to [email protected].
Deadline: Until Filled
Old 11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left and Right of Whatever

Not bad. They, too, are getting desperate.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Anybody have any ideas on the pay range. I read above it starts at $55,000but could be more depending on qualifications and experience. Say you were hired as a Lear 31 or 35 instructor, already had a type and about 1000 hours in the airplane. Any guesses on pay?

Also, are there relocation benefits and do they airline you to the interview?

Do full time instructors teach a lot of ground schools...for instance, initial systems class?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I can't speak for sure about the pay, but I'm sure it would increase with prior experience. I just started training for their "Supporting Crewmember" program (right seater) and all of our ground school instructors are also sim instructors. I'm not sure at this point if there are people that just teach the sim or just teach class as well.

-Brett
Old 12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: KC-10 IP

I'm thinking CAE Simuflite would be a good place to work. I've done all of my C-21 (LJ35) training there, and the instructors all look happy to be there. Dallas is a great place to live as well.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Guppy Half-Wing FO

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: 737 Right Seat

I attended a CAE open house in DEC 07 at the Morristown, NJ Location. New building with 5 sims, Helicopter, G550, Hawker 800, Falcon 900, Falcon 2000 and Falcon 7X with plans to build an addition to house 5 more sims. Their pays are based on the Dallas Salaries plus 20% cost of living in NJ. With that, the minimum salary I was told based on available platforms is 84K and if you instruct in the Falcon 900/2000 it can be as high as 95K. I don't have the type rating but was told me they would give you the type. I hope this helps. Oh by the way, Jersey taxes are equal to the 20%.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by airventure View Post
I can't speak for sure about the pay, but I'm sure it would increase with prior experience. I just started training for their "Supporting Crewmember" program (right seater) and all of our ground school instructors are also sim instructors. I'm not sure at this point if there are people that just teach the sim or just teach class as well.

-Brett
Airventure,
How's the Supporting Crewmember Program working out for you? Is it worthwhile? How much time do they require you put in? How flexible are the training schedules? Thanx!