Atlas Air pool

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
If Atlas pilots are compensated properly (according to there CEO), why then is there so much attrition?
Quote: If Atlas pilots are compensated properly (according to there CEO), why then is there so much attrition?
Pilots are greedy... obviously.
Obviously, the question was posed by an Atlas pilot. If it had been from a Southern pilot it would have been 50% below industry standard. Perhaps that was why Bill F. rejected the 30% number?

I couldn't help but notice the smug look on the HR guy's face as the question was asked.
Quote: And you aren't paid MMG until after OE correct?
Until signed off OE or 4 months on property, whichever comes first. 50-hr MMG 1st year, 62 thereafter.
Quote: If Atlas pilots are compensated properly (according to there CEO), why then is there so much attrition?

See you b***h that you want to be paid like a professional, but you don't even know the difference between there and their.
FR8Dog7 your correct, "their", my bad.
Quote: Secondhand from the employee exchange yesterday...someone asked a question about our pilots being 30% below industry standard (30% is an understatement) and he said something to the effect of "I don't accept that figure."

Thanks. My guess is BF does not really think this way. He is a business man (remember? oh wait I guess that was someone else who said it but whatever...). Business folk tend to say whatever they need to in order to appease their stake holders (in this case the employees) and thus adopt it as truth. Based on the negotiations report today and the fact that the company is showing up to the table I would wager a guess that this is not really his view on things. This is all fwiw, I am not at all defending or apologizing for him.
Quote: Thanks. My guess is BF does not really think this way. He is a business man (remember? oh wait I guess that was someone else who said it but whatever...). Business folk tend to say whatever they need to in order to appease their stake holders (in this case the employees) and thus adopt it as truth. Based on the negotiations report today and the fact that the company is showing up to the table I would wager a guess that this is not really his view on things. This is all fwiw, I am not at all defending or apologizing for him.
It is his view. Not one section of the contract that deals with the meat of the contract has been agreed to.

Only the easy sections have been TA'd. Compensation, Benefits,work rules all are FAR from being negotiated.

It is all smoke and mirrors designed to get us through 4th quarter
Quote: anyone been given date for next training on the 767

how much of the 767 trips are oceanic travel
I was given an October class.
Quote: 4 upcoming 767 class dates until mid-october.

long-haul oceanic? not many.
I am on the -400, but from what I hear on the 76-side is that the trans-oceanic trips on the 76 go senior. Most 76 trips are domestic hub and spoke (including Canadian out bases).
Kinda the opposite from the -400 trips. Here, 98% of everything is: Day 1 you leave the U.S., end of trip...welcome back to the U.S.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to