Please don't be this guy

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: ... The OO captain I saw this morning at SFO.

Instead of his name on his uniform nametag, it literally said 'Captain'. I'm not making this up, though I wish I was.

Where do we get these people ?!?

I saw one wearing his hat every time he had to do an announcement.
Quote: I’d probably do it too if every other gate agent/ramper/fuel guy walked straight past me with four bars to talk to the male FO. (I’m a male FO, it happens at least half the time with female captains).
If they overlook the large boards, I doubt they are reading name-tags.
Quote: Like Major Major?
I knew him when he was a major. Retired as Colonel Major.

Also work with a Captain Morgan.
Quote: I knew him when he was a major. Retired as Colonel Major.

Captain B. Morgan is still here...

I worked with a SPC Major, great fun was had when he promoted to E5. Also had a Deputy Justice on my department when I was working the streets. It happens, I’d bet on this being his last name before a vanity tag.
Quote: I’d probably do it too if every other gate agent/ramper/fuel guy walked straight past me with four bars to talk to the male FO. (I’m a male FO, it happens at least half the time with female captains).
If they don't see the bars, they're not going to read the nametag.
Quote: maybe his last name really is Captain
Airman database says no.
The whole name tag thing in general is kind of ridiculous, but mainline Skywest will do what mainline does.

No matter what it says on your shirt or how many bars are on your shoulder, you’ll always be “captain” to the public.
I know the guy, good guy, slap in the face to the hat nazis. Not a Skywest mainliner
Maj. Major Major Major
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to