Unemployment for Voluntary Furlough?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: FWIW, no UAL pilot should be filing in MN. Unemployment is actually based on your crew base as that is where UAL participates in the unemployment plan. (Yeah, it's not intuitive.)

I wish that I did not have prior experience with this.

My experience was pick between your home state or crew base. My unemployment taxes paid went to my home state. Assume you would pick whichever is higher.
Quote: Are you serious? You think it’s easy right now?
yes. I do. Maybe not a flying gig, but there are employment opportunities out there.
Quote: yes. I do. Maybe not a flying gig, but there are employment opportunities out there.
29 million unemployed and 1 in 5 Americans in the labor force can't find work. It is supposed to rise to 40 million in a few months. That's double the national peak during the financial crisis of 2008-2009.

Deathray. You are a dumba$$!!!!

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
Quote: yes. I do. Maybe not a flying gig, but there are employment opportunities out there.
Definitely clueless. This is the hardest job market since 2001 for ANY level.
While I think deathrays delivery was a little harsh, there is work out there. Although I imagine it varies by region.

While I do believe flying gigs will be incredibly tough to get, non flying jobs are in abundance out here in the Bay Area. You won’t get rich or even replace what we make at UAL but enough to survive for the recall.

I’ve got 2 non flying solid job guarantees in the 50-65k a year in addition to a flying job lead fwiw.
Quote: Definitely clueless. This is the hardest job market since 2001 for ANY level.
I agree. Some of these posters remind me of the mainline 64 y/o Capt asking the regional guy "So, have you thought about putting your app in with us?"
Quote: I’ve got 2 non flying solid job guarantees in the 50-65k a year in addition to a flying job lead fwiw.
In the Bay Area? That’s poverty level.
Quote: In the Bay Area? That’s poverty level.
It’s enough to cover a mortgage and expenses. Again, not gonna get ahead but it beats hammering my savings while being on the street.
You’re either a troll, which makes you a d-bag or you’re completely clueless which makes you a mentally handicapped d-bag.
Quote: My experience was pick between your home state or crew base. My unemployment taxes paid went to my home state. Assume you would pick whichever is higher.

Thats what I’ve heard as well... most of the time colllect in your work state, but you may also be able to claim in your home state (although not both).

Anyone else been on a voluntary furlough that has successfully collected UI benefits?
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to