Fleet Captains

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: So are they bending backwards by just volunteering to help out OR are these “helpers” being paid vs played or both? Totally see your point and even if they are being paid “Schmuck rates” it could be the focus on piling it on before retirement in a year or two, etc. OR did I miss the point they are not being paid and just helping out? (Not discussing the Fleet Captain request)

Just answering “Yes, to the end point!” will suffice. Thx.
Draft and AVA (advanced volunteer) are paid at 150%. I have heard in the long ago past of 200% being offered, but can't confirm that has happened recently.
Quote: Just found the email. Wow. I wrote back that it was a very insulting email. Talk about totally ****ing off the crew force. The top of the email has, $$$$$$ on it. My respect for the MD11 fleet captain is gone. What this does show, we are having an impact.
I am sure they “the Fleet Captans who authored the comms” are leading by example and flying a long international trip over the holidays to help the company!
Quote: I am sure they “the Fleet Captans who authored the comms” are leading by example and flying a long international trip over the holidays to help the company!
Check their schedule, wait, one blocks their’s. Both have prob blocked lest than 200hrs/year.
$hitbirds
Quote: Check their schedule, wait, one blocks their’s. Both have prob blocked lest than 200hrs/year.
NEVER trust a calendar blocker!!!! They have something to hide.
Must have worked. Tons of blue on a lot of calendars
Quote: Must have worked. Tons of blue on a lot of calendars
Yup. It's the 5 million guys on the 11 who clear their schedules for draft. Trying to milk it as long as they can before going to CA ITU.
Quote: Yup. It's the 5 million guys on the 11 who clear their schedules for draft. Trying to milk it as long as they can before going to CA ITU.
I don’t know what fleet you’re looking at but in the left seat of the 11 it’s all been senior dudes. Same in triple and 57. Many have now blocked calendars. Hmmmmm why is that?
Quote: I don’t know what fleet you’re looking at but in the left seat of the 11 it’s all been senior dudes. Same in triple and 57. Many have now blocked calendars. Hmmmmm why is that?
I'm talking about the right seat of the MD. Even the new hires are in on it now. Great examples being set.
Quote: I'm talking about the right seat of the MD. Even the new hires are in on it now. Great examples being set.
Educate them. Say something.
Quote: I don’t know what fleet you’re looking at but in the left seat of the 11 it’s all been senior dudes. Same in triple and 57. Many have now blocked calendars. Hmmmmm why is that?
I’m left seat around the 6 year mark and have to sadly agree. A small group of my direct peers are looking out for only #1. To each their own but I personally have zero respect for them. Integrity matters to me.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to