Training hotel(s)

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
Quote: Asinine really? Please list the other major airlines that give their crewmembers hotels in domicile for training besides new hire training. It appears it’s industry standard. If you want that mold broken I get it but claiming it’s asinine is absurd based upon industry standard.
I think it would be harder to list the ones that don't. UA pilots even get positive space first class to training. We don't even give min guarantee to new hires nonetheless hotels.
Quote: Because it's your Domicile. Where you are based.

Actually, the reason why is because it’s not in the contract. That may be changed through negotiations. It was one of the items, among dozens, that I requested when I did the online survey. Maybe next time?
Training hotel(s)
Quote: Asinine really? Please list the other major airlines that give their crewmembers hotels in domicile for training besides new hire training. It appears it’s industry standard. If you want that mold broken I get it but claiming it’s asinine is absurd based upon industry standard.

Here is DALPA’s last contract comparison in August 2021.

Here is UALPA’s

Here is Spirit’s
Training hotel(s)
And here is Atlas’

So according to these documents, the ones that do are:
American
Delta
United
UPS
Atlas
Southwest
Sprit
Frontier

And the ones that don’t are:
FedEx
Hawaiin
JetBlue
Alaska
Allegiant?
(One is not like the others)

Our own contract comparison doesn’t show who gets hotels and when.
Actually ours does. Here it is:

Quote: I think it would be harder to list the ones that don't. UA pilots even get positive space first class to training. We don't even give min guarantee to new hires nonetheless hotels.
That is new hire training. I may be incorrect after looking at the comparison doc. I was just chatting with a UA bud and he said he was staying in a crashpad in DEN while in transition training.
The Court Yard in EWR has a nice gym?
Training hotel(s)
Quote: That is new hire training. I may be incorrect after looking at the comparison doc. I was just chatting with a UA bud and he said he was staying in a crashpad in DEN while in transition training.

All five comparisons say UAL provides hotel rooms for CQ, including UALPA’s document. And all of the documents show most airlines provide hotels during CQ. It seems that it’s industry standard. We should be going for industry leading though.
Quote: The Court Yard in EWR has a nice gym?
Renaissance
Quote: Here is DALPA’s last contract comparison in August 2021.

Here is UALPA’s

Here is Spirit’s
I was at Spirit. The hotel is NOT for Recurrent Training.

New Hires - Yes
Captain Upgrade - Yes

It was the previous VP of Flight Ops' wet dream to have Simulators in every domicile to avoid training costs associated with DH'ing crews around and paying everyone to train in FLL.

He wanted to bring all training into domicile to avoid hotels, DH's, and lost days of productivity.

By the time I left they added Sim facilities to LAS and DFW as a result.

Please tell me more about my previous employer.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to