Seasonal Pilot Gigs

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Who is hiring for seasonal pilots other than Alaska Seaplanes?
There are several in Homer, (K-Bay Air for one) and some in Anchorage, (Rust's) Ward Air, Katmai Air, Rainbow Lodge just to name a few.
Quote: Sounds like an amazing career.
Yeah, fun, but not fun going through the bankruptcies, the furloughs and the starting overs again and again.
13 jobs including 135 and 121, then contracts, deliveries and foreign stuff.
Never dull, glad to be on the ground running a small boat in Florida.
Every day is a day off.
Quote: Who is hiring for seasonal pilots other than Alaska Seaplanes?
Wings Airways in Juneau flying turbine Otters on straight floats.
Taquan in Ketchikan, other places up North including lodges. Not hard to find the postings. Wings & lodges will require previous related experience, even in this market.
Quote: I did that for a while: Flew contracts in Alaska hauling fish off the beaches summer and fall, then Caribbean Island flying in the winter with Aztecs, C-402s, Twin Otters and DC-3s.
Also lived on a sailboat in the islands.
Fun for a while, but ended up hauling International cargo on DC-8s, which led to other jobs and here we are 66 years old and finally retired.
Glad I did it, fun to think back how crazy one was as a youngster..
Are there any Caribbean companies that hire with very low hours? I’m a fresh ASEL. I can get sea plane and even ME pretty quick if needed but I’m really interested in flying 208 caravans.
Quote: Are there any Caribbean companies that hire with very low hours? I’m a fresh ASEL. I can get sea plane and even ME pretty quick if needed but I’m really interested in flying 208 caravans.
Not sure what the current situation is in the Islands: I had my last job there in 1988 for Sunaire, doing business as Eastern Metro Express:
We flew mostly Twin Otters, but also had one of the first Saab 340s in the US in 1987.
There is some seaplane flying still going on, my former boss is (was) running Caravans on amphib floats between St, Thomas and St. Croix the last few years.
Check out Sea Flight V1.
Also Seaborne, Twin Otters on floats, but again, do your own research.
Back in the day before Internet I just showed up at some island with a resume in the pocket.
It worked:Hired..
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to