Paid parking for commuters?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Care to share how you do this?
Its CID... I seriously doubt you can get this arrangement for any major city
Obviously every airport is different, my soon to be commuting airports have some interesting ways of doing it, one has a college/track/ballfield near by, no security, but free, and supposedly Mobile has an old FSS building thats vacant but has a lot, again free.

Think outside the box if you have too, commuting is a hassle enough without figuring out how your are going to pay for parking
Call some of the privately-owned remote lots. If you are forced into a situation where you have to pay, they might offer something better than the airport parking if you can't find anything else for free. I did that during my IOE since it was only for one week. At MEM, the SIDA badge gets you in and out of the lot, but mine was still being processed. After calling around, I found a crew rate at another lot that was much cheaper than the long term airport parking.
Quote: RAH will provide you with a parking pass in base. If you commute, you can be reimbursed for a parking pass at any airport up to the monthly cost of parking in base.
I think this is the fairest solution for parking for commuters.
Quote: I guess Colgan is starting something like this? I know Skywest doesn't do it. Thanks for the responses
WOW! Colgan has something that Skywest doesn't. This has to be a first.
Quote: Its CID... I seriously doubt you can get this arrangement for any major city
You need to contact the airport authority office on this matter. When I worked for Gemini, I commuted out of DTW. I had a meeting with an airport authority exec and we arranged for me to pay for a year to park in the employee lot. This gave me access to the non-AOA shuttle bus.

It was tough because my company doesn't regularly serve the DTW airport so I had to get my D.O. and Dir of Trng. to confirm on company letterhead that I was an employee for their company.

If your airline serves the airport in some capacity (mainline or express), then I wouldn't think it would be too tough an issue, but then again maybe they're more lax in DTW.
Quote: You need to contact the airport authority office on this matter. When I worked for Gemini, I commuted out of DTW. I had a meeting with an airport authority exec and we arranged for me to pay for a year to park in the employee lot. This gave me access to the non-AOA shuttle bus.

It was tough because my company doesn't regularly serve the DTW airport so I had to get my D.O. and Dir of Trng. to confirm on company letterhead that I was an employee for their company.

If your airline serves the airport in some capacity (mainline or express), then I wouldn't think it would be too tough an issue, but then again maybe their more lax in DTW.
I stand corrected. When I was commuting out of ATL, I was pretty much getting ready to sit down and talk to someone high up to see if I could make an arrangement. Luckily, it never came to that.
Quote: Its CID... I seriously doubt you can get this arrangement for any major city

CID????????????(over my head I guess)

I dont think Melbourne, Florida would be considered a major city, help a guy out with some info!!!!!
Quote: CID????????????(over my head I guess)

I dont think Melbourne, Florida would be considered a major city, help a guy out with some info!!!!!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa (KCID)
Quote: Cedar Rapids, Iowa (KCID)
LOL LOL thaught it was the abbriviation for Confidential Info __?______
So do you have an arragement with the airport authority or a personal insider?
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to