FDX 777 Bid Closes Monday

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Bottom Captain about 1300 and 4100 for the F/O.

It is not on my bid!!!
We voted for the contract which set the 757 pay at narrow body. Nothing to b*tch about.
Quote: You're right,the 777F can carry 19% more than the MD-11, so we had better get something for it. Heck, we will eventually have 17 of these things on property. If we only support the Association on this one, we'll get what we deserve! After all, someone has to clean up the NC's mess. Who could possibly have thought to put language in the contract saying something like "A380 or replacement", or maybe using weights like United does to establish pay rates?

On the other hand, the 757 carries 21% more than the 727 and there will eventually be 80+ of these on property. Where were you all when people were bidding this for an established pay rate that wasn't more than current book? Oh, I forgot, it's ok to do so when the NC sells the junior aircraft up the river to get a few sheckles more for the 777.

No one here, to my recollection, complained about the 757 pay not being higher than 727 pay. This would effect more crewmembers more substantially than the 777/A380 pay issue, but nobody cared. Additionally, the instructor block was sold out on the last contract and the attitude on this board was "F'em, if they don't like it, they can quit." Hard for me to get all enthused about supporting the Association on this issue. Seems like they've been busily making some of us more equal than others for some time now.
What makes you so sure it's only going to be 15 777. Why would the company fight so hard to make sure we don't get the 380 rate for the 777. I've talked to quite a few people who say that the 777 will be the MD-11 replacement. As matter of fact when I was J/S to Mem from SEA a couple of months ago, the 777 Standards guy was flying the plane and he told me that he had just come from a meeting with Boeing and that they were assuring Fedex that boeing would start a BCF(Boieng converted Freighter) line for the 777-200. So if you don't think that this company thinks that far ahead, you are kidding yourself.
Quote: You're right,the 777F can carry 19% more than the MD-11, so we had better get something for it. Heck, we will eventually have 17 of these things on property. If we only support the Association on this one, we'll get what we deserve! After all, someone has to clean up the NC's mess. Who could possibly have thought to put language in the contract saying something like "A380 or replacement", or maybe using weights like United does to establish pay rates?

On the other hand, the 757 carries 21% more than the 727 and there will eventually be 80+ of these on property. Where were you all when people were bidding this for an established pay rate that wasn't more than current book? Oh, I forgot, it's ok to do so when the NC sells the junior aircraft up the river to get a few sheckles more for the 777.

No one here, to my recollection, complained about the 757 pay not being higher than 727 pay. This would effect more crewmembers more substantially than the 777/A380 pay issue, but nobody cared. Additionally, the instructor block was sold out on the last contract and the attitude on this board was "F'em, if they don't like it, they can quit." Hard for me to get all enthused about supporting the Association on this issue. Seems like they've been busily making some of us more equal than others for some time now.
Not exactly a news flash. And the MD-11 carries twice as much as an Airbus but pays the same. We are hosed on this issue so might as well let it go. They beat us when we were enamoured with all the hidden money we were going to get.
Quote:
Bottom Captain about 1300 and 4100 for the F/O.

It is not on my bid!!!
1218 and 4330
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to