DCA: 737, 80
DFW: 777,767,737,80
LAX: 777, 767, 737, 80
LAX(SAN): 737, 80
LGA(JFK/EWR): 777, 767, 737, 80
MIA: 777, 767, 737
ORD: 777, 767, 737, 80
SLT(STL): 767, 80

767 includes 757 flying. Also in some bases there is International and Domestic bid status, these are a separate bid status.
Pardon my ignorance. What does LAX (SAN) mean? Are the pilots based in LAX or SAN?

G
First is the official base, (xxx) shows where some trips originate. Depends upon equipment.

DCA is actually DCA(BWI, IAD).

MIA has a couple FLL trips.
Quote: First is the official base, (xxx) shows where some trips originate. Depends upon equipment.

DCA is actually DCA(BWI, IAD).

MIA has a couple FLL trips.
Got it, thanks. US shut down the LAS base and for a while there was a lot of dead heading from PHX to LAS. I have to look at the APA term sheet now. At US the west is paid 100% and the east is 50% for dead heads.

G
AA is 100%. Standing by for unknown unknown's (BK, 1113, etc).
Quote: AA is 100%. Standing by for unknown unknown's (BK, 1113, etc).
Understand. Best of luck to all the guys and gals at American.

G
Just guessing that the St. Louis base will be closed as part of the T/A or BK imposed work rules...anyone know ?
Quote: Just guessing that the St. Louis base will be closed as part of the T/A or BK imposed work rules...anyone know ?
A virtual certainy. DFW and ORD are anchored to the size of STL (% of captains seats narrow and widebody to DFW/ORD) and that is why Eagle has proliferated so much at these hubs (to get around the stipulations of Supplement CC). Once STL gets whacked, look for it to be a modest outstation. DFW is then likely to grow more with AA (but with RJ's also) and ORD is likely to grow more with RJ's then with AA.

I've heard the first A319's will go to DFW next year and ORD is likely to phase out the S80's and be International and a fairly modest INT/DOM 737 base with a large number of E-175's under the commuter air carrier exception.
Quote: Just guessing that the St. Louis base will be closed as part of the T/A or BK imposed work rules...anyone know ?
Eaglefly seems to know, is he correct? Time will tell, the ROFLMAO, LMAFO, or whatever it is called does address the SLT base and so does the 1113 term sheet. I don't think these documents would mention SLT unless AMR wanted to close the base.

There are "issues" with the SLT base closure that make the immediate termination of St Louis unlikely. Eventually, I would not count on bidding into St Louis.

Disclosure statement. I am a SLT based, former TWA pilot.
How senior is LAX for FO's? How many lines in LAX for each aircraft? Is the base growing, shrinking?

Just wondering since Eagle closed LAX, it would be nice to get back there.. (someday). Eagle was always extremely senior in LAX. I assume AA is the same?

Thanks.
Quote: How senior is LAX for FO's? How many lines in LAX for each aircraft? Is the base growing, shrinking?

Just wondering since Eagle closed LAX, it would be nice to get back there.. (someday). Eagle was always extremely senior in LAX. I assume AA is the same?

Thanks.

LAX is senior. Depending upon your seniority it can be the most senior base in the company. SFO closing didn't help. Commuter base option might 'reopen' SFO which would help LAX seniority. Don't hold your breath.

Expectations of growth. Six to eight new gates in 2013 or 2014.

All subject to major change with change of mgt.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to