FedEx 727 leaving sooner

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Every 72 S/O (except those prohibited by age) have been able to participate in every bid we have had since they were on the property. If there is an excess due to the 727 going away, the S/Os (and everybody else on the 72) will be allowed to participate in the excess bid per the CBA. They will go where their senority allows them to go and where they bid to go. With new hires in just about every right seat, that should make it fairly simple. Do you think a widebody F/O will be excessed to a narrow body due to a senior S/O or F/O bumping them? Captains may be a little different story since there have been some folks camped in the 72 for a lot of years. If they bump a wide body Captain back to narrow body, who gets the blame?
I think you did miss the point of the post... All of us who were here when Bid 7-03 was awarded then Cancelled.. and then followed up by bids 8-01 and 8-02...(bids available for research under "General Info" ) or at least those of us who actually remembered what happened may have caught the subtle point..

imho.. Gunter's post was a little tongue in cheek.. but pointing out how it was not just to Cancel an awarded Vacancy bid and then follow up with an excess bid out of the 27SO seat that created the need to excess even more people out of their seats. With the eventual goal being forcing more people into the 27SO seat.

FDX could have instead of allowed the senior 27SOs to hold only those seats created by vacancies in the Bids that were posted.

Anyhoo.. Since FDX was in an "over-manned" position then and now FDX has the need to hire... the situation is a bit different. And FDX should be better able to absorb the crew members from the 27 without forcing people out of their seats.

But.. as history has shown.. FDX will do what they want and the pilot group will have to deal with it.....

just my $.02

JP
Quote: We took a vote and decided you would take all the blame
Works for me. The phrase "It's my fault" has kept me out of the dog house for the 34 years I have been married.
Quote: FDX could have instead of allowed the senior 27SOs to hold only those seats created by vacancies in the Bids that were posted.
That's what we'll see going forward. But it wasn't good enough for the Jack Pack.
Quote: Agreed. It will be interesting to see how "equitible" the "New Just Culture" really is.
We've already seen it in action. Just another one of those things named for what they want to project instead of what they are.

The "Honorable" Congressman cantkeephisthinginhispants.

The Department of Justice.

Corporate Ethics.

Political Spin (known among outsiders as outrageous Propaganda meant to shape the hearts and minds)
Quote: I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Every 72 S/O (except those prohibited by age) have been able to participate in every bid we have had since they were on the property. If there is an excess due to the 727 going away, the S/Os (and everybody else on the 72) will be allowed to participate in the excess bid per the CBA. They will go where their senority allows them to go and where they bid to go. With new hires in just about every right seat, that should make it fairly simple. Do you think a widebody F/O will be excessed to a narrow body due to a senior S/O or F/O bumping them? Captains may be a little different story since there have been some folks camped in the 72 for a lot of years. If they bump a wide body Captain back to narrow body, who gets the blame?
Is that you PC?
Quote: I've been hearing rumors that the 727 will be leaving shortly after peak. Anybody else hearing this? If so will those left on the 727 get paid to stay home until they can train them on another airplane?
Peak of 13!
I just watched the PC 727 video on the Air Ops Connection website.

40 now.

20 by 2013 peak.

Gone in 2014.
According to today's Fleet Readiness Lite we have 31 727s in service. In contrast the amount of 757s in service is already up to 55.
Excess of 10 CAs after peek. You heard it here first.
Quote: I just watched the PC 727 video on the Air Ops Connection website.

40 now.

20 by 2013 peak.

Gone in 2014.
Yea, January!
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to