Signing bonus

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Next Monday for UAL
First of Retro Checks out
Just checked and First of Retro checks is showing on Skynet under 'Payroll Advice' and is also, more important showing in my bank account.
Quote: Just checked and First of Retro checks is showing on Skynet under 'Payroll Advice' and is also, more important showing in my bank account.
Ouch! On the LCAL side we allegedly get them sometime next year.
Yep, it hit direct deposit this morning
Cha Ching here as well
Quote: Cha Ching here as well
I'm jealous! Enjoy the dough guys...
Quote: Ouch! On the LCAL side we allegedly get them sometime next year.
I thought the LOA stated we get the first check no later than 30 days from the signing date?
Not until february
We are working diligently to see that you get your lump sum/retro check as soon as possible. For better or worse, the allocation method that your MEC decided upon is fairly complex, as is ALPA policy in this area. Sometimes there can be too many lawyers and not enough common sense inserted into a project. In order for us to get to a figure for distribution for the first tranche, we need monthly earnings information through this month and months of availability data from Continental Airlines payroll that has been more difficult to mine than originally expected. We are finally getting it all put together and are forecasting a distribution date during the first week of February. You will be getting more information on the allocation in the mail soon. ALPA policy requires that the MEC send you, via the mail, information on the amount negotiated, the allocation methodology, ALPA policy on the allocation process and the dispute resolution procedures. This is being sent out today.

CAL MEC Chair

Per the United Pilot Agreement and LOA 24, eligible Continental pilots will receive a retroactive pay/lump sum amount. The relevant time period for calculations runs through Dec. 17, 2012. As a result, the complete data required for calculations won’t be available until early January. There are additional technical and policy challenges (i.e., the distribution window outlined within Section 40 of the ALPA Administrative Manual) that are making it very difficult to define a date for the actual first checks to pilots, although we are targeting early February.

Merger Committee
So they couldn't at least have used some common sense and just lowballed the first tranche and pay out roughly 40% of it before the holidays like the UAL MEC did, eh? "It's complicated"
I for one am glad we (L-CAL) get to wait longer, and as a result, pay higher taxes on all of our lump sum payout.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to