Centurion 747?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
The SAI aircraft in the background will be replaced with Centurion/Skylease 744, obviously.
Quote: Gotta love it...another outfit that wants to make money flying 747s in a world that is mostly going to two engines. Ain't this business great?!!
Tell that to Cargolux, Nippon Cargo, your Atlas managers, Cathay Cargo, Korean Air Cargo. All of whom fly new 747-8's with more on order.
My understanding is that the Atlas -8's are running LTL
Quote: Tell that to Cargolux, Nippon Cargo, your Atlas managers, Cathay Cargo, Korean Air Cargo. All of whom fly new 747-8's with more on order.
I don't disagree with you, however,...

1. you are comparing a 744 (Centurian) vs 748s that we operate (different animal, but still only really makes money when it is nearly full)

2. lots of heavy cargo operators around the world have taken delivery of 777s, 767s, etc. They are more than willing to leave some cargo behind rather than flying a 747 that is partially full (even the fuel-sipping -8F still drinks a lot of gas). It is simply not worth the partially full 748 vs a full 777/767. And the numbers are even less favorable for the 744F.
I'm not comparing anything. It was you who said everyone is going to twins, I'm pointing out that you are mistaken in that comment.

Yes, some are using them with more regularity, but the 747 is by no means disappearing when 59 -8's have been delivered already.
I'm saying that more and more the 747 is becoming a niche player...yes, there is a market for it, of course, but I'm not sure it is a money-maker it once was...
Quote: I'm saying that more and more the 747 is becoming a niche player...yes, there is a market for it, of course, but I'm not sure it is a money-maker it once was...
All dedicated freighters are niche players.
Quote: All dedicated freighters are niche players.
+1...........
Right, okay...goodbye, folks...
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to