Call me crazy but

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
And if you truly had a good CBA, it should have a clause that says if a base closes, you are removed from your seat lock!

If you still disagree with that, well then, I only hope you are on the other side of the equation next time. Maybe you will change your mind.
Quote: And if you truly had a good CBA, it should have a clause that says if a base closes, you are removed from your seat lock!
THAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be removed from your seatlock but SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT!
I wanna know what kind of Koolaide that place is serving to:

1. Upgrade pilots out of seniority and
2. Actually get pilots to defend it.
Quote: I wanna know what kind of Koolaide that place is serving to:

1. Upgrade pilots out of seniority and
2. Actually get pilots to defend it.
Not only that, but the guys still stuck in the Brasilia seatlock should get passover pay since guys junior to them got to go to the jet.
Quote: Not only that, but the guys still stuck in the Brasilia seatlock should get passover pay since guys junior to them got to go to the jet.
Exactly right, but unfortunately these guys accept every decision the management makes without batting an eye. Not only do they happily lap it up but they defend it.
that is so true. that is the biggest thing i noticed at skw. everyone there is so in love with themselves
Quote: THAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be removed from your seatlock but SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT!
Probably not. But anyone senior to the most junior DEN upgradee should be pay protected.

The two ALPA contracts I'm familiar with both have provisions which spell out what happens in this instance. One maintains base rights regardless of equipment. The other allows you to proffer a displacement bid to any open position systemwide. It allows the company to cancel a training freeze in this case, so long as every senior pilot is likewise released from any training freeze.

I don't think it makes much difference; either way, somebody's gonna be upset. At least with a Contract you you have a voice in how things will be adjudicated and its in black and white.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to