Texting pilot crashes air ambulance.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: I Call BULL**** on the texting. I also call BULL**** on ANY Captain who says no texting at gate or push. Taxing, takeoff and landing its not a good idea. Other than that not a problem. Get over yourselves and realize it won't ever stop. People will always be connected no matter what law or reg.
Tell that to the AA captain who's son took a dirt nap while flying and texting a few years back; he survived Afghanistan to die while flying and texting... PS, I did some stupid things in my early flying as well. Thankfully I learned; after seeing enough pilots, some I new personally, get killed over stupid stuff...
Quote: I Call BULL**** on the texting. I also call BULL**** on ANY Captain who says no texting at gate or push. Taxing, takeoff and landing its not a good idea. Other than that not a problem. Get over yourselves and realize it won't ever stop. People will always be connected no matter what law or reg.
Wow, can't wait until you upgrade and get to fly with an FO with an attitude.

Just to be clear, at a time when the aircraft is moving in close proximity to ground workers, surface vehicles, fuel trucks, and other aircraft you think it is okay to be head down?
I don't know about your airline, but we did engines starts during pushback at my old airline. We start at the gate at my new one. I for one think it's more important to be watching oil pressure, hyd pressure, ITT, etc. rather than texting. Turn the stupid thing off when the door closes and don't turn it back on until it opens, at a minimum. I hardly think that's asking too much.
Quote: No I'm telling you that most FO's don't take the SOP seriously in this regard. And that leads me to suspect that they are learning by example.
Thanks. And I agree.

People will always say stupid crap like this^^^^, too. Therefore, I call BULL**** on your calling BULL****, so consider your post null and void.
I thought Air Ambulances fell under General Aviation.

Just sayin'
Quote: I thought Air Ambulances fell under General Aviation.

Just sayin'
Anytime any aircraft is operated for hire it is a commercial operation. It has nothing to do with the size of the aircraft, Etc.
Phones can be a great tool in the chocks for a last minute wx radar update, a fast way to coordinate an MEL issue with dispatch or even after start/taxi if something comes up (stopped w/ parking brake set). If you're texting your squeeze or a buddy during push in my aircraft, the push is going to stop and it's not going to continue until your phone is off. Your desire to "stay connected" doesn't override safety. Too many guy have been distracted by any number of aviation related issues during push and tried or succeeded in running over their push crew without adding texting to the mix.

I also disagree with your suggestion that "people" will always disregard laws and regs because of their need to stay connected. The professionals I work with now and at past airlines are way more disciplined than that. If you're not then perhaps you need to find another line of work (unless GA pilot is, in fact, your current status - then it's likely you'll probably end up a statistic sooner than later based on your attitude).
Texting pilot crashes air ambulance.
So explain when one or both pilots are heads down working on a reroute or ACARS to dispatch. And what's the difference in that and a text while your getting pushed and no engines running at the mercy of a $5.00hr push crew.
Quote: So explain when one or both pilots are heads down working on a reroute or ACARS to dispatch. And what's the difference in that and a text while your getting pushed and no engines running at the mercy of a $5.00hr push crew.
Bocu dinky dau...
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to