AA + US combined retirements

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: I'm trying to compile a list of combined retirements. I started with the information on each airline's individual profile but the US data doesn't go beyond 2025 and the AA data doesn't go beyond 2033.

Can any current US Air and American bubba provide those numbers through 2048?

PM if you'd like.

Thanks,

Kid
A little bit of free time, have we? Maybe a girlfriend is in order(or one that actually interests you).
I'm on the US side. Retire in 2043. Now we just need another couple thousand posts or so and we will have this all sorted out...
Quote: I'm on the US side. Retire in 2043. Now we just need another couple thousand posts or so and we will have this all sorted out...
I have yet to fly with anyone born the same time I was hired…scary thought that I am getting soooo old. Experience at AA has taught me that while it may be fun to look at projections i.e. career expectations etc, don't count on them. Be it 35 years or 3.5 years from now, things change fast and there is a myriad of events that could change the landscape. Sorry if it seems like I am getting on your case, don't mean to.
Continue to hope for the best. Right now with 30 behind and 10 to go I hope that means the company is still around before retirement preferably with nobody on the street of course. Take care!
In the 1960's the only thing holding some pilots from checking out as Captain on a 707 to fly the Pacific is that they had not yet turned 23 years old to hold the ATP. On their 23rd birthday off across the world with 8 nineteen year old FA s.
How times have changed.
Quote: In the 1960's the only thing holding some pilots from checking out as Captain on a 707 to fly the Pacific is that they had not yet turned 23 years old to hold the ATP. On their 23rd birthday off across the world with 8 nineteen year old FA s.
How times have changed.
Some things haven't changed. Those 19 yr old FAs from the 60s are still working today.
Quote: Some things haven't changed. Those 19 yr old FAs from the 60s are still working today.

I've flown a day trip where the 3 FAs had 148 years of seniority between them.
Quote: In the 1960's the only thing holding some pilots from checking out as Captain on a 707 to fly the Pacific is that they had not yet turned 23 years old to hold the ATP. On their 23rd birthday off across the world with 8 nineteen year old FA s.
How times have changed.

What airline?
Quote: Some things haven't changed. Those 19 yr old FAs from the 60s are still working today.
It's all my fault.

Rooting around dump as a kid, a Genie popped out of a weird bottle I found. He granted me one wish and I was so stunned, all I could do was point at a 1960's "Come Fly With Me" AA poster with those beautiful young stews in the trash nearby. I grunted, "I want to be a pilot and fly with them".

The twisted Fokker granted me my wish.

Yup, I'm positive it's the same girls.
New hires in MIA and LGA will also be flying with new hire FA's. That won't mean they'll be young... or female!
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to