May Class

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: Our May new hire class plans include eight A300, eight B757 and four MD11, all assigned to
Louisville; four B747 to Anchorage; and one B757 to Ontario.
Congratulations to all the new MD drivers. It’s a great group of pilots, a nice ride, and the flying ain’t bad.
Quote: Ah, you misunderstood. That was the age requirement.
Funny because it's true. We need to negotiate for Geritol in the crew meals or we all go on str...what was I talking about? Why am I in this room?
UPS new hire car rental
Congratulations on your new pilot assignment at UPS! I'm excited you are joining the team.

As you gear up for your upcoming training, there are a few key points to keep in mind. While UPS will cover your hotel stay, luggage, and uniforms during training, transportation to and from the training center is not included.

To assist you with your transportation needs during this period, I'd like to introduce you to Edgewood Car Rental, a service tailored exclusively for UPS pilots. Understanding the unique demands of your pilot training, I strive to offer convenient, dependable transportation solutions.

Feel free to check out our services at www.ewcr.net. All cars are delivered right to the UPS parking lot.

Since you are in your probationary year, if you and a fellow classmate are interested in carpooling to split expenses, you're more than welcome to do so. It's a fantastic way to save money and build connections during training. Typically, new hire training lasts around two months, and I am here to support you every step of the way.

Once again, congratulations on your new role at UPS. I'm eager to assist you and wish you the best of luck on your training journey. If you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Ron Consalo
A300 Captain
Edgewood Car Rental
Quote: Congratulations on your new pilot assignment at UPS! I'm excited you are joining the team.

As you gear up for your upcoming training, there are a few key points to keep in mind. While UPS will cover your hotel stay, luggage, and uniforms during training, transportation to and from the training center is not included.

To assist you with your transportation needs during this period, I'd like to introduce you to Edgewood Car Rental, a service tailored exclusively for UPS pilots. Understanding the unique demands of your pilot training, I strive to offer convenient, dependable transportation solutions.

Feel free to check out our services at www.ewcr.net. All cars are delivered right to the UPS parking lot.

Since you are in your probationary year, if you and a fellow classmate are interested in carpooling to split expenses, you're more than welcome to do so. It's a fantastic way to save money and build connections during training. Typically, new hire training lasts around two months, and I am here to support you every step of the way.

Once again, congratulations on your new role at UPS. I'm eager to assist you and wish you the best of luck on your training journey. If you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Ron Consalo
A300 Captain
Edgewood Car Rental
What a great idea! This service deserves its own thread with a sticky.
Hello Everyone! Thanks for the wealth of info on this site. I'm excited to be a part of the May 29th Class. If anybody might be interested in the car rental option above, please let me know. I'm torn between making a long drive to SDF for training, or facing a long term rental option. The shared cost that was mentioned above seems like a great idea. Looking forward to joining the team!
Quote: Hello Everyone! Thanks for the wealth of info on this site. I'm excited to be a part of the May 29th Class. If anybody might be interested in the car rental option above, please let me know. I'm torn between making a long drive to SDF for training, or facing a long term rental option. The shared cost that was mentioned above seems like a great idea. Looking forward to joining the team!
I drove all the way from SoCal for indoc and newhire training. Whether you will be a lifetime commuter or moving to SDF area you will likely want to have a car in domicile. Obviously, if you’re prime for a ANC 74, that might not work well. However, having a car as you go through training is definitely a must.
While it is a good chance that someone will have a car you can bum a ride to the training center with, I found it extremely beneficial to have my own ride just in case my SIM partner didn't have a ride. Parking was free at the galt house when I went through to. I don't know how the current setup is, but when I went through we had a small apartment in the galt house to make food in, so having a car available for grocery runs was helpful too. They fed us for the first week of indoc, so that also helped. If no one has done so yet, I would make a group chat for the May class. Welcome aboard everyone
Once you show up in Louisville for class there is group knowledge of folks who can be trusted selling used cars for new hires. Just ask.
Quote: Once you show up in Louisville for class there is group knowledge of folks who can be trusted selling used cars for new hires. Just ask.
Plenty of options. There are IPA discounts on the B&G. You could buy one here. But it is Louisville afterall, you can probably find one abandoned on the side of the road down near stooges. VIN numbers already scraped to save you the hassel.
Quote: Plenty of options. There are IPA discounts on the B&G. You could buy one here. But it is Louisville afterall, you can probably find one abandoned on the side of the road down near stooges. VIN numbers already scraped to save you the hassel.
There’s a purple Probe in the parking lot just waiting for a new hire to give it some love.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to