Best QOL Regional

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: Mesa is leaving this conversation. Lol
We weren’t on the guest list.
My typical line at SkyWest has been 88 hours and 15 days off. 175. Not too bad though our reserve rules are not great.
Quote: Is it really always that bad? I’ve been reading the forums, and I keep seeing even some junior pilots mention that four 4-day trips per month is the norm. That leads to roughly 12 nights away (or 18 nights at home) per month. Or am I understanding that wrong?

About 4 1/2 four day trips per month was my experience at PSA. Gone about 14 nights per month, with the understanding that a fair number of your trips will end after your kids are in bed, so expect 12-14 nights per month that you get to see them.
SkyWest is generally 11-14 days off per month on the CRJ and very heavily weighted to 3 and 4 day trips. 90 hours at a minimum unless very senior. Supposedly we might see some QoL improvements in this upcoming agreement, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Still, if you are still 3 months out, you might check back.
Quote: About 4 1/2 four day trips per month was my experience at PSA. Gone about 14 nights per month, with the understanding that a fair number of your trips will end after your kids are in bed, so expect 12-14 nights per month that you get to see them.
Well, gone about 14 nights per month is not too bad. I imagine that number should be even less once the PSA’s 12-days off guarantee goes in effect? Just hoping to get as close to only 10-12 nights away as possible
Quote: SkyWest is generally 11-14 days off per month on the CRJ and very heavily weighted to 3 and 4 day trips. 90 hours at a minimum unless very senior. Supposedly we might see some QoL improvements in this upcoming agreement, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Still, if you are still 3 months out, you might check back.
Thank you for the information! 14 days off per month would be wonderful! But I guess you have to have very good seniority for that? I’m going to keep an eye out for the new agreement for sure
Quote: My typical line at SkyWest has been 88 hours and 15 days off. 175. Not too bad though our reserve rules are not great.
That sounds great, especially 15 days off! How senior do you have to be for that? And what’s wrong with the reserve rules? I’m not planning to commute, gonna move wherever I’ll be based
Quote: That sounds great, especially 15 days off! How senior do you have to be for that? And what’s wrong with the reserve rules? I’m not planning to commute, gonna move wherever I’ll be based
If you are coming in as an FO, you’ll build seniority pretty quickly. Should be able to hold those kinds of lines in less than 6 months I’d imagine. As a DEC, way different story.

Sitting reserve at home isn’t bad. Most of the reserve complaints are about sitting 8 hours of ready reserve but we are hoping that’s something they fix on this upcoming agreement.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to