New TSA Thread

Subscribe
39  79  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  99  139 
Page 89 of 188
Go to
Quote: I can't understand why we are not taking advantage of Denver. Most new hire's primary goal is to live in base. We are even doing a "reserve your seniority" program which helps with that. We are hurting so bad for new hires it is crazy to think that we are turning away people that would be interested because they can't hold the base they want.

I think we should open the standing bid and let everyone go to the base they want. Scheduling can then build lines off that. It may reduce efficiency and create more deadheads but in the end it will help bring people in the door! Republic was doing this a few months ago so it is a possibility.

I just spit out my coffee and I wasnt even drinking any.
Why can't we all just be home based?!
Quote: Why can't we all just be home based?!
Great question! I can already hear people yelling: because it will cost money, It just wont work, Not enough capacity, etc.! Truth is that we are transitioning into a new era of aviation. Perhaps the airlines should seriously consider this! But even though we are making this transition, we are still managed by individuals that made the industry so unpalitable that we are entering this new era. Old ideas by old hands may be our undoing.

On the other hand... The regionals just need to dissapear. All of them.

Just my humble opinion. Feel free to disagree
Quote: Great question! I can already hear people yelling: because it will cost money, It just wont work, Not enough capacity, etc.! Truth is that we are transitioning into a new era of aviation. Perhaps the airlines should seriously consider this! But even though we are making this transition, we are still managed by individuals that made the industry so unpalitable that we are entering this new era. Old ideas by old hands may be our undoing.

On the other hand... The regionals just need to dissapear. All of them.

Just my humble opinion. Feel free to disagree
It's not a new era of aviation. This is the same old era. The pilot shortage could be wiped out in an instant with the right business plan. Anyone who believes that home-basing is even remotely an option at any and all 121 airlines is delusional.
And 2 years ago the idea of commuter hotels was crazy!
Quote: And 2 years ago the idea of commuter hotels was crazy!
You can't possibly be comparing blocking out hotel rooms in domicile at a nominal price to a positive space ticket from your home of record to your domicile, most times not even on your own airplanes. You really think the code share partners would allow anyone, even themselves, to lose revenue every time a pilot needs to show up to work? Please explain how that's even remotely feasible.
Buddy of mine said all the tulip planes are parked and covered up. Plus a few more planes just sitting there, so he thinks maybe 12 airplanes just sitting on the ramp. New hire has 3 in it while 3 are on leave to get more hours. The FA has only one in class.
Quote: Buddy of mine said all the tulip planes are parked and covered up. Plus a few more planes just sitting there, so he thinks maybe 12 airplanes just sitting on the ramp. New hire has 3 in it while 3 are on leave to get more hours. The FA has only one in class.
I was talking to mx. They have 5 airplanes in what they call long term storage. The rest are there for routine mx.
Yep 5 planes not 12
Quote: Yep 5 planes not 12
12 are sitting there and all the 840's are covered is what I meant to type.
39  79  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  99  139 
Page 89 of 188
Go to