Avelo Air. News and info

Subscribe
48  88  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102 
Page 98 of 108
Go to
class dates/drops
Hey all. I realize FO hiring is a bit slow but am trying to establish what the patterns were before - what were the bases assigned for the last couple of classes, and when are they assigned - e.g. on day 1, before? Any guesses on the pattern looking forward?
Quote: Hey all. I realize FO hiring is a bit slow but am trying to establish what the patterns were before - what were the bases assigned for the last couple of classes, and when are they assigned - e.g. on day 1, before? Any guesses on the pattern looking forward?
LAS and HVN are junior for FOs. I’d expect one of those out the gate. Expect to know towards the later half of training which base you are assigned. You’ll bid whenever the company does its next base bid, which seems to vary depending on manning needs, but normally monthly.
Just curious if ILG is a junior base for FO's as well?
LYH
Saw Avelo 737 sitting in LYH what’s the reason?
Quote: Saw Avelo 737 sitting in LYH what’s the reason?
Does Avelo fly charters?
Quote: Does Avelo fly charters?

Yes they do.
I just discovered Avelo last week, and I'm really liking the idea that most flights are O&Bs. But that model pretty much requires everybody to live at/near their base. That means that nearly everybody would need to relocate between the time they receive their assignment in training and the day they start flying the line. What kind of time does the company allow for that?
Quote: I just discovered Avelo last week, and I'm really liking the idea that most flights are O&Bs. But that model pretty much requires everybody to live at/near their base. That means that nearly everybody would need to relocate between the time they receive their assignment in training and the day they start flying the line. What kind of time does the company allow for that?
Not at Avelo.... But FWIW, probably around 50% of all 121 pilots commute. All decent 121 carriers have a commute policy that defines how much effort is required to get to base, and what happens if you don't. I am at Spirit. Two flights, never any questions. I would be very surprised if Avelo doesn't have something similar. And there is no chance Avelo would require pilots to move to base. How you handle nights in base between trips is up to you.
Can a new hire FO get ILG base directly out of training?
Quote: Can a new hire FO get ILG base directly out of training?
Yes, the last base bid new hires were awarded HVN, ILG and LAS.
48  88  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102 
Page 98 of 108
Go to