W-2s February 8th?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Isn’t it a federal law that employees have their W-2 in hand by January 31st? The Mrs. is somewhat OCD about taxes and this is driving her nuts.
Quote: Isn’t it a federal law that employees have their W-2 in hand by January 31st? The Mrs. is somewhat OCD about taxes and this is driving her nuts.
I think the law says "sent" by Jan 31st. Which to me "post marked" by Jan 31st.

Delta does it electronically so I don't know when they have to have them to us.

I'm not an accountant but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...I really did!
Deltanet homepage says available Jan 31. Even my crappy regional, who couldn't get payroll right to save their lives, got electronic W2's posted by the middle of January.
Any chance that they do stuff like this (waiting until the last minute) just to annoy us?
Quote: Isn’t it a federal law that employees have their W-2 in hand by January 31st? The Mrs. is somewhat OCD about taxes and this is driving her nuts.
Anyone who files their taxes before October 15 is OCD in my book!
Quote: Deltanet homepage says available Jan 31. Even my crappy regional, who couldn't get payroll right to save their lives, got electronic W2's posted by the middle of January.
Weird, I wonder where my accountant/CFO/wife got her info. The 31st would be much better for her.
Quote: Weird, I wonder where my accountant/CFO/wife got her info. The 31st would be much better for her.
Just looked at the Self-Service tax form page.. Mine says not available until Feb 8th. Not even selectable for download.
Quote: Just looked at the Self-Service tax form page.. Mine says not available until Feb 8th. Not even selectable for download.
Mine too. The law says must be filed by Jan 31. Something ain't right here. They had originally put out a notice that the W-2s would be ready on the 17th or something like that. Then it disappeared that same day. That was the first clue that the fancy new payroll system has issues. Of course no one at the company is saying anything. Now this. Hmmmm.
It’s fine. Sometimes I decide to get my Medical a week or two after the Feds require it, or let my landing currency lapse. At least the company is flexible both ways. 🙄
Tell her Batman doesn't pay taxes.

1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to