Per Diem Expense Report

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I went to order my 2018 perdiem expense report from Sabre and was unable. They sent me an e-mail saying the 2018 reports won’t be available to order until the end of January.

The pilot I am flying with tried the same and they told him because of the new changes in the tax laws we can no longer claim those on our taxes.

Just trying to see if anyone knows if this is really the case or what is going on?
Quote: I went to order my 2018 perdiem expense report from Sabre and was unable. They sent me an e-mail saying the 2018 reports won’t be available to order until the end of January.

The pilot I am flying with tried the same and they told him because of the new changes in the tax laws we can no longer claim those on our taxes.

Just trying to see if anyone knows if this is really the case or what is going on?
Yes, no longer deductible.

Miscellaneous deductions which exceed 2% of your AGI will be eliminated for the tax years 2018 through 2025. This includes deductions for unreimbursed employee expenses and tax preparation expenses. ... These expenses also include unreimbursed travel and mileage, as well as the home office deduction
No use in a per diem report unless your state is one of the few that still allows those deductions for the state income tax portion.
Quote: Yes, no longer deductible.

Miscellaneous deductions which exceed 2% of your AGI will be eliminated for the tax years 2018 through 2025. This includes deductions for unreimbursed employee expenses and tax preparation expenses. ... These expenses also include unreimbursed travel and mileage, as well as the home office deduction
True, but if you're a real estate developer, you got a tremendous tax break, Hmm....
Just saw a post here recently...guy walked in to the Accountant's office, said he was a pilot...Accountant told him, without even asking any details, that he was going to be screwed on his taxes this year. My biggest deduction was $18K for perdiem...all gone...
The middle class got screwed by that bill. Pilots and transportation workers even more so. It was a bill designed to help large corporations and their owners, not the employees of those corporations.

And while we subsidize the uber rich, our children will be the ones to suffer the consequences.
I haven't been able to use the per diem expense from flightline for years..Once you get to a certain income you cannot deduct it. I think most Delta pilots already fall into this category.
Quote: Just saw a post here recently...guy walked in to the Accountant's office, said he was a pilot...Accountant told him, without even asking any details, that he was going to be screwed on his taxes this year. My biggest deduction was $18K for perdiem...all gone...
How did you ever have an $18k per diem deduction?
I really thought I was going to get screwed this year. Did a preliminary run on my taxes and will do much better than last year. I am no longer subject to the AMT which is huge and the lower brackets help. Went from usually owing 5 to 6k a year to a substantial refund.
Quote: I really thought I was going to get screwed this year. Did a preliminary run on my taxes and will do much better than last year. I am no longer subject to the AMT which is huge and the lower brackets help. Went from usually owing 5 to 6k a year to a substantial refund.
Yeah but how about your total taxes year over year? Did the total go down?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to