First FDX 757 in Mobile, AL

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to

Nice pix, I believe this is a Rolls-powered, factory-new (to USAir) airplane. USAir's initial 757s were old Eastern Airlines planes. If I'm not mistaken the Eastern planes all had the old paddle autopilot switches and they may have had a tiller on the right side also. I'm not sure. However, the newer 757s they received straight from Boeing had the new switchlight type autopilot switches and no CWS switches...and no tiller on the right side. Boeing felt F/O's drive like maniacs.
Quote: Nice pix, I believe this is a Rolls-powered, factory-new (to USAir) airplane. USAir's initial 757s were old Eastern Airlines planes. If I'm not mistaken the Eastern planes all had the old paddle autopilot switches and they may have had a tiller on the right side also. I'm not sure. However, the newer 757s they received straight from Boeing had the new switchlight type autopilot switches and no CWS switches...and no tiller on the right side. Boeing felt F/O's drive like maniacs.
Huck,

Thanks for sharing....
Do any FX birds have the tiller on the right? never seen any like that in purple. . .
ABK: I think you are looking at the window crank. The tiller is on the left just in front of the Captains seat in that photo. The crank just outboard of each yoke is to crank the window open after you unlock it with the upper handle.

FJ
I know what the tiller is, I'm asking if any FX birds have a tiller on BOTH the left as well as the right seat? I have never seen a FX bird with both the tiller on the left as well as the right . . .
Quote: Boeing felt F/O's drive like maniacs.
747s have tillers on both sides. Current job has the PF taxi the a/c even if it is the F/O.
Quote: Nice pix, I believe this is a Rolls-powered, factory-new (to USAir) airplane. USAir's initial 757s were old Eastern Airlines planes. If I'm not mistaken the Eastern planes all had the old paddle autopilot switches and they may have had a tiller on the right side also. I'm not sure. However, the newer 757s they received straight from Boeing had the new switchlight type autopilot switches and no CWS switches...and no tiller on the right side. Boeing felt F/O's drive like maniacs.

Actually, they listened to our feedback that we couldn't taxi with flight attendants in our laps.
Quote: I know what the tiller is, I'm asking if any FX birds have a tiller on BOTH the left as well as the right seat? I have never seen a FX bird with both the tiller on the left as well as the right . . .
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I guess I didn't understand the question coming on the heals of a photo of the 75 interior. I didn't catch the gear change in the conversation I guess. My bad.

FJ
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to