TDY benefits

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is our TDY actually a good deal?
Looks like they’ll stop our per diem if we go home from the TDY base?
Which overnight hotel would we stay at? Or do we pay and expense transportation and hotel?

Thanks!
Quote: Is our TDY actually a good deal?
Looks like they’ll stop our per diem if we go home from the TDY base?
Which overnight hotel would we stay at? Or do we pay and expense transportation and hotel?

Thanks!
It honestly depends on your life situation. Unless it’s a huge bump in your relative seniority, it’s pretty small $$. If it’s the difference between commuting from the same coast to the opposite coast, it wouldn’t be worth it IMO.
And does automated trip trading work?
I believe they only stop the perdiem and make you check out of the hotel if you utilize ps to go home. Trip trading still works, it’s as if you are based there for the month.
It’s a good deal for commuters, as you get PS and hotel either for whole month or just before/after trips. Danger is you bid at TDY base relative seniority for PBS schedule. Can also be good preview before bidding somewhere else or 30 day hotel vacation
Do they tend to go senior?
Quote: Do they tend to go senior?
They used to when there wasn't much movement between the domiciles. Shorter commutes possible. I'd think now the attraction would mainly be positive space commute.
Quote: Do they tend to go senior?
What word can I use to emphasize how senior they go? Starts with an F. No, how about, heck yes they go senior! These are commuter’s dreams! I wish...
Understood! Thanks!
If they put u in the long hotel, do they provide transportation all month to/from? Or if you bid day trips in LAX/SFO are you looking at a month with a huge Uber bill?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to