Empty legs at Flexjet

Subscribe
Wondering if any of the Flex pilots can weigh in on how often they are flying empty/reposition flights. If you go to an international destination, do you ever get to layover for a day or two, or do you immediately reposition the next day? Is it common to get a day or two of reserve in a hotel if you are doing a 15 day rotation? I gather that 14 hour duty days are possible, but not as common as they were a few years ago. Thanks in advance
Quote: Wondering if any of the Flex pilots can weigh in on how often they are flying empty/reposition flights. If you go to an international destination, do you ever get to layover for a day or two, or do you immediately reposition the next day? Is it common to get a day or two of reserve in a hotel if you are doing a 15 day rotation? I gather that 14 hour duty days are possible, but not as common as they were a few years ago. Thanks in advance
Depending on the fleet, on the small cabin (and I assume the mid), typically every other leg is a repo leg. Sometimes you can have back to back revenue legs but not too often.

I find most Hotel reserves are days when one of the crew is swapping out or MX issue with the plane.

By the way, you wont find 15 day rotations, I believe the max is 14 days.
Thanks for the info! I thought that with PBS, rotations of 15 or more days was possible?
Quote: Thanks for the info! I thought that with PBS, rotations of 15 or more days was possible?
You can work more than 15 days in a month, but not on a single rotation. The max you can do PBS is 8 in a row. Any longer than that and you've got to coordinate directly with scheduling, but I don't believe they'll allow for more than 14 in a row.