Loa Information, Or Mis-information

Subscribe
hello there,
just hoping that everyone on this forum, who for the most part seems to be voting NO on the LOA, is talking with the other 97% of the pilots who are not on this forum.
i just talked with a friend who has been at fdx about 2 years (quite junior), his words were "i haven't even read the LOA because I won't be bidding an FDA anyway because of my family...", i asked him about the STV and he was unaware of its implications. he might be reconsidering his no-voting strategy.
please get the word out as i'm sure you're trying to. just a few motivating words from a hopeful poolie chasing purple tail.
Quote: other 97% of the pilots
that's right! you may think that by reading this stuff on APC that it is the majority but it is not...management has counted about 20 regular contributors to this website and stills feels comfortable it will pass...and i had some recent conversations with guys who could care less about this LOA and said they won't even vote...plus they said this whole pin thing is too much work...besides that being very sad...it is very true...what a crewforce!
Quote: that's right! you may think that by reading this stuff on APC that it is the majority but it is not...management has counted about 20 regular contributors to this website and stills feels comfortable it will pass...and i had some recent conversations with guys who could care less about this LOA and said they won't even vote...plus they said this whole pin thing is too much work...besides that being very sad...it is very true...what a crewforce!
5 for 5 voting NO on my crew including jumpers!

Past...
Sounds promising
that's good to hear j130drvr.
i find it comforting to read the posts on this forum and to hope that the majority of fdxers feel the same way. even though as a hopefully-soon-to-be-new-hire having no loa might work against us poolies (in the very short term)... what matters, as i see it, is the long term ramifications of std's anywhere in the world, substandard housing allowance, no family package for education, insurance, weak travel, etc....
who am i to say though.... i wish poolies could vote!
Don't get your hopes up. We may just be singing to the choir here.

Many of the NO voters are talking it up in the crew lounge. Haven't really heard from any yes voters. BUT we have to wait and see.
Quote: Don't get your hopes up. We may just be singing to the choir here.

Many of the NO voters are talking it up in the crew lounge. Haven't really heard from any yes voters. BUT we have to wait and see.
...very true.

...and cannot be complacent about continuing to talk it up amongst our fellow pilots/febce sitters until the vote closes out on the very last day.

...many folks have talked about either side needing 50% + 1 to "win"; however, that's really only true for management, because then they will have truly offered "just enough" to fill it.

...if the LOA is turned down by such a slim margin, then if/when the company comes with a second offer it will be just enough again to win that one vote back.

...we need a RESOUNDING win to show our unified resolve and get more leverage...only then will they come back to the table with reasonable/equitable improvements in many areas.

...keep talking it up until the fat lady sings in Aug!!