World's Newest CFI

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I thought I would drop a line and say I passed my CFI practical today (on the first time too). In all honesty, it wasn't so bad. I was drilled for about 2 hours and the next few hours, the examiner and I discussed some of the ways to teach students difficult concepts.

The checkride was no biggie - just a commercial ride from the right seat where you don't stop talking til you're parked.

I am really excited, and it feels SO strange to all of the sudden be the teacher instead of the student. I have a few intro. students lined up for this fall semester, which will be fun.

From here - MEL, CFII, and MEI.
Congratulations! As I was told when I passed mine... "Hold on to your shorts..."

You're going to be amazed how much you learn from your students (and from your students mistakes). It's a fun ride, enjoy it!
Also take this time to learn as much as possible. I had a friend tell me that the sharpest you'll ever be as a pilot is when you are a CFI. He was correct.

Congratulations!
Congrads! I hope to be in your shoes in a month or so. I hope that my ride goes as you described yours. It's going to be interesting
Quote: Congrads! I hope to be in your shoes in a month or so. I hope that my ride goes as you described yours. It's going to be interesting
Advice: for the oral, make sure you know endorsements inside and out (AC-61-65). Be able to explain things like weight and balance to a person who has never taken a physics class in his/her life. As for the checkride, just keep on talking and you'lll pass. After all, it's basically a commercial ride from the right seat where you just explain what you are doing as you do it.
Congrats.....welcome to the next level.
Quote: Also take this time to learn as much as possible. I had a friend tell me that the sharpest you'll ever be as a pilot is when you are a CFI. He was correct.

Congratulations!
Sharper still when you get your CFII and even more with the MEI.
Agreed. You don't realize how alert you have to be until you have students of your own. I've had a number of scary moments with students, even when I was alert! Congrats and good luck...this is where the fun begins (but where the stick time ends!)
Congrats!
What school / FSDO or examiner did you use?
congrats man!! I'm halfway to becoming a CFI aswell. Thanks for the advice
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to