Eagle Q's

Subscribe
Few questions for the Eagle crowd.

How easy of a commute would DCA-LGA be? are there enough commutable lines for a junior FO? how long to expect for reserve?

Do you guys have duty or trip rigs like Wisky does?

Thanks

SK
Commutes from DCA to Boston and LaGuardia are a piece of cake. you could use Eagle... but US Air also has express flights that leave every hour! Comair has a good handful of flights too. One of the easiest commutes are far as commutes go.

Last I heard, the Laguardia reserve for new hires is about 8 months. Reserve at Boston is shorter than LGA... around 5-6 months from date of hire. So expect about 3 to 4 months on reserve at Boston once out of training.

The good news is Boston has had a lot of new hires in the last 2 or 3 months (around 20 at Boston alone) so reserve times should continue to drop.

Chicago is really short on pilots apparently, I heard guys are getting lines after a month on reserve in Chicago. Commuting to Chicago though from DCA wont be as easy as BOS and LGA.

Hope this helps.
High Time Composite Lines in LGA at 4-5 months
Thanks for the responses guys.

So am I correct in understanding that once out of reserve it should not be difficult getting commutable lines in either LGA or BOS?

Quote: High Time Composite Lines in LGA at 4-5 months
What are "composite lines" ?

SK
Quote: What are "composite lines" ?

SK
A little bit of Reserve and a little bit of a month's Line...all in one! And If it's a "high-time" Composite like Aviatrix is talking about, it's probably more Line than Reserve.