Humm, is this a Potential???

Subscribe
Let's say if I had a interview with XYZ for Flight Dispatch(10/15), that went pretty well . I was told by the interview board that they had several other applicants to interview, and they would notify me in two weeks regarding their decision.. I just got a phone call from the application center 10/22 (contracted out), regarding updating my background check. How would you perceive that? Do you think they are interested in hiring me or is that the standard due process for every applicant who interviews ????
Quote: Let's say if I had a interview with XYZ for Flight Dispatch(10/15), that went pretty well . I was told by the interview board that they had several other applicants to interview, and they would notify me in two weeks regarding their decision.. I just got a phone call from the application center 10/22 (contracted out), regarding updating my background check. How would you perceive that? Do you think they are interested in hiring me or is that the standard due process for every applicant who interviews ????
Usually if they bother checking into your background they want to hire you.

Background checks are usually pass/fail...they decide to hire you, check your background, and if there are no red flags, you get the job.

Some companies will do the background check as part of the decision process...the results will then be considered by the decision-makers. This is where past minor legal troubles or luke-warm references which are not outright disqualifying can still count against you...if they have competition for the job. Enthusiastic references can help in this case.