NWA commuters in Japan

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Was wondering if NWA has any of its regionals (compass, pinnacle) that operate out of Japan, and if so how to get based in Japan?
What are the regional carriers of NWA?
are you kidding me?
Friends don't let Friends Drink and post on forums.

NO is my answer.
Quote: Was wondering if NWA has any of its regionals (compass, pinnacle) that operate out of Japan, and if so how to get based in Japan?
What are the regional carriers of NWA?
You are joking aren't you!? This really cant be a serious question..... And if you were to be over there, I really doubt you have any idea what the cost of living is over there! Certainly not on a rj $!
O boy, just the type of post that gets yourself kicked off of the forums.
There's another regional carrier operating in that general area that may interest you.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....480&highlight=
lol Mesa ftl...
since the poster doesn't seem to know much about airlines, I'll post this to be nice:

1) "Regional" airlines--whether wholly owned by a major airline, or merely contracted out by a major airline to do regional flying, don't typically operate outside of North/Central America and the Carribbean. Even the aforementioned Chinese op with Mesa is pretty much a separate company. Part of the reason for this is that a CRJ-200 might not make it too far with a full load of passengers. Unless you used half as many pax, got a special flight permit for supplemental fuel tanks, and gave each pax a jerry can full of jet fuel instead of peanuts and soft drinks.

2) NWA "mainline" would be who actually flies into Japan from the US (and back).

3) You could theoretically work for an NWA regional carrier (in the US), and commute from Japan once you held a line...but you would spend most, if not all of your days off standing by for flights and trying to sleep crammed into economy class on 10 hour long flights.

Hope that helps. By the way--ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Japanese people make enough money to fly on real airplanes within their own country.
I have actually asked myself this question many times. I date a girl occasionally from Tokyo. Matter of fact we're going wind surfing in Guam for 7 days in January!

If you want to commute out of Japan or live there and fly... your best bet is to do contract flying for JAL or get hired by CAL and get based in Guam. GUM/NRT is commutable.

But the boys are right, over time you will lose much of your life to commuting and it may not be worth the energy. And no, you won't find any regionals in Japan.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to