Anyone Remember?

Subscribe
Anyone remember what the monthly guarantee was at the majors 10 to 20 years ago? I remember UAL working something like 45 to 55 hours. Does that sound right?

SkyHigh
It's always been 64 at AAL. Seems to me that UAL was around 79? I think the numbers you are thinking of are reflective of average "hard hours" flown. Not guarantee.

How have you been?
Good
Quote: It's always been 64 at AAL. Seems to me that UAL was around 79? I think the numbers you are thinking of are reflective of average "hard hours" flown. Not guarantee.

How have you been?
I had a good winter and am looking forward to spring. How about you?

Skyhigh
"Anyone remember what the monthly guarantee was at the majors 10 to 20 years ago? I remember UAL working something like 45 to 55 hours. Does that sound right?"

I got hired in 1990. Been paying attention since before that. Doesn't sound right to me. I think the National guys must have made up some pretty off the wall rumors if you believe that.

It depends on your context, though. I'm a 100 hour a year guy, hard time. 75 hour guarantee a pay period. 13 pay periods a year.

I wouldn't be surprised with a guy, at that point in history, flying 55 hours hard a month and getting a 70 hour credit. That's why ALPA invented rigs and all that.....
65hrs when I started in 78.
Quote: "Anyone remember what the monthly guarantee was at the majors 10 to 20 years ago? I remember UAL working something like 45 to 55 hours. Does that sound right?"

I got hired in 1990. Been paying attention since before that. Doesn't sound right to me. I think the National guys must have made up some pretty off the wall rumors if you believe that.

It depends on your context, though. I'm a 100 hour a year guy, hard time. 75 hour guarantee a pay period. 13 pay periods a year.

I wouldn't be surprised with a guy, at that point in history, flying 55 hours hard a month and getting a 70 hour credit. That's why ALPA invented rigs and all that.....
100 hour a year guy huh? I know it's good at UPS, but that good? Daaaaaamn.
I've been at USAir for 20+ years. Max PAY for the month has always been 85 hrs. When we used to have duty rigs, 85 pay = about 60 to 65 hrs of actual hard time. These days it's 85/85. Or for some guys it's 95/95 if they choose to overfly to make up for the huge paycuts.But that just allows the company to run with fewer pilots...Not good!
Quote: Anyone remember what the monthly guarantee was at the majors 10 to 20 years ago? I remember UAL working something like 45 to 55 hours. Does that sound right?

SkyHigh
I thought I remember reading that it was something like 81-83 hours (pilot's choice) in Kit Darby's publication. Don't know what the pilot's choice meant.

And I remember after 9/11 all the oh so accurate media outlets saying that the pilots get paid for the 81-83 but only worked the 45-55 you listed due to staffing levels and contract requirements.
Quote: Anyone remember what the monthly guarantee was at the majors 10 to 20 years ago? I remember UAL working something like 45 to 55 hours. Does that sound right?

SkyHigh
Welcome back. I was hired 20 years ago at NWA and monthly guarantee for blockholders was 63...reserve 70...now it's 68 and 75