How are things at Compass?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey Compass pilots: How are things going over there, now that the first months are behind you and some of the bugs as well? I'm not really looking for hiring type info, but more like state-of-the-company info. Any start up issues with the 175's? NW guys treating you well?
I really don't have many complaints. There's been a few bugs. Many have been worked out and a few have not. Airplane seems reliable. I have not had any problems from NWA guys. I like CPS but then again I came from TSA.
Quote: NW guys treating you well?
NW guys are more than thrilled to see the E175 taking their DC9 routes and doing it at $20/hr. REAL HAPPY.
Quote: NW guys are more than thrilled to see the E175 taking their DC9 routes and doing it at $20/hr. REAL HAPPY.
Except for a very small number, the Northwest pilots are very good to Compass pilots. Northwest pilots don't like Compass but MOST are very professional and don't hold it against individual compass pilots (most understand that we are all just trying to get a mainline job like they were once). I have heard from many NWA pilots that they would like to see the E-jets brought into mainline and the compass pilots right along with them. Don't think that anyone, other that managment, would be unhappy with that.
Quote: NW guys are more than thrilled to see the E175 taking their DC9 routes and doing it at $20/hr. REAL HAPPY.
I agree. I would have voted NO. CPS is mostly Airbus routes. NWA pilots negotiated the pay rates at CPS.

NWA has better scope language than Delta. Hopefully some of it will end up in the new Delta CBA.
I would like to add that Im sure alot of 9 drivers are not happy at all to see us and Compass flying alot of their routes. However, 99% of NWA pilots that I have dealt with have been nothing short of professional with me and more than accomodating in getting me to work or home. I even had one tell me that he agrees that the 9's need to be parked and that we should make more at XJ and CZ to fly the 76 seaters. I wish the best for those guys post merger and that they get their much deserved pay increases and improvements to their working conditions.
Interview
I have an interview SCH for May any insight would be appreciated.
so far most of the pilots have had to endure 24 bucks first year pay for 5-6 months and then CA pay, isn't Pinnacle 2nd year FO pay 24 bucks?? with no end in sight?
Quote: so far most of the pilots have had to endure 24 bucks first year pay for 5-6 months and then CA pay, isn't Pinnacle 2nd year FO pay 24 bucks?? with no end in sight?

Yea on a 8yr old contract. Don't pick a fight when PNCL was not even mentioned in any part of the initial thread or reply. On a professional level you are showing your Union feelings and knowledge base on the issue. Just leave it out of the thread.

You didn't see anyone come on here and drop the word "Flowthrough" or ask why compass was started, especially with the "no furlough" clause in the Delta/Northwest merger CBA and the 50+ -9's said to be parked. The mainline pilots will have seats regardless.

On a positive I think the paintjob and the plane look very nice!
higney,

I'm pretty sure bohicagain was ripping on the poster, not the company. I really hope this doesn't become a my overgrown RJ is better than yours thread.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to