High Terrain in IRAN

Subscribe

>16000 MSL Some of the most professional and courteous controllers in the area (even when they hear my "southern" accent)
Thats a nice pic. I love mountains
Cool shot!

I'm always surprised how clear the Iranian and Kuwaiti radios are and how crappy the coalition radios sound when over flying Iraq. With all the cash we're sending over, at least buy our guys some decent radio sets.
having never flown there, I cant comment on that... However, if it is any relation at all, the Army field radio is a hunk of junk... Im talking a heavy paper weight... Atleast when I am carrying my Saw, I know that I can get something accomplished with that baby... With the heavy can, the best you can do it lob it at the enemy, god knows its not working when you need it.
Quote: the Army field radio is a hunk of junk... Im talking a heavy paper weight...
That's exactly what I'm picturing is an old field radio with a hand crank on the side. I figured with all the assets in Iraq that it would be a bit more refined.
Quote: having never flown there, I cant comment on that... However, if it is any relation at all, the Army field radio is a hunk of junk... Im talking a heavy paper weight... Atleast when I am carrying my Saw, I know that I can get something accomplished with that baby... With the heavy can, the best you can do it lob it at the enemy, god knows its not working when you need it.
Ah - but when it does work you can bring down the firestorm can't you

USMCFLYR