Manned Aircraft: How Long?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I think most of this is computer generated, but if these are the capabilities of these things, we will be fighting them like in the Terminator movies when they become self aware.

YouTube - Northrop Grumman X-47B UCAS
If it is a UCAS - who is the LSO talking too?

USMCFLYR
Forever. Somebody will have to supervise all of the UAV's on-scene.

We have automated elevators.

But we have not managed to automated most trucks, cars, ships, or trains. At some point it's just cheaper to use a man than to develop a smart enough control system and reliable enough control system.
I about vomitted when I saw it air refueling using a drogue. Seriously, hasn't the Navy learned yet?

Boom AR is at least twice as fast as the drogue. And UAVs have already demostrated boom AR with existing tankers.

-Fatty
Quote: I about vomitted when I saw it air refueling using a drogue. Seriously, hasn't the Navy learned yet?

Boom AR is at least twice as fast as the drogue. And UAVs have already demostrated boom AR with existing tankers.

-Fatty
What is the Navy suppose to have learned yet?

USMCFLYR
You can cycle a F-16 four ship faster than a drogue whatever.

But, if you like hanging out with the tanker, then I guess we don't have a problem.
Quote: What is the Navy suppose to have learned yet?

USMCFLYR
i guess we were supposed to have learned that putting a boom and operator in the back of a Rhino is better than a basket.....
I know some boom operaters who would fit.
Quote: You can cycle a F-16 four ship faster than a drogue whatever.
F-16's are not known for having cavernous fuel tanks...
You're right, they're not. But without releasing info that might classified or sensitive, can we all agree that drogue refueling is SLLOOOOOWWWWWWW?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to