Mesaba Saabs in LGA

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Welcome to the THUNDER DOME boys and girls!

How you folks liking/Disliking the US Airways flying so far????
Well, I'm not on the Mesaba side of things (officially) yet, but I miss the glory days of LGA flying. Great place to make money...er...and that's about it!

I can't wait to do some open time in LGA once our merger is complete!
Someone asked on the ramp freq last night about how the saabs can push so that they aren't blocking up the whole alleyway. Frankly I love when the saabs push with all the extra junk they drag along cause it causes a little bit of chaos for 5 or so minutes and making money is what its all about.
Quote: Someone asked on the ramp freq last night about how the saabs can push so that they aren't blocking up the whole alleyway. Frankly I love when the saabs push with all the extra junk they drag along cause it causes a little bit of chaos for 5 or so minutes and making money is what its all about.
The answer to that riddle is let us start one engine prior to pushback.

They won't do it now, but I bet they do after the first passenger passes out from the heat this summer.
Quote: The answer to that riddle is let us start one engine prior to pushback.

They won't do it now, but I bet they do after the first passenger passes out from the heat this summer.
Good luck with that ... we've been doing it for the last several years ... never let us start an engine prior
Quote: The answer to that riddle is let us start one engine prior to pushback.

Yeah bro- don't get you hopes up.

Colgan operated the SAAB there for 11 years. They are not going to let you start an engine at the gate. They are pretty good about hooking up air.
What is so horrible about starting the right engine at the gate there when it works everywhere else?
It sucked flying an airplane with weak batteries. You try to start up, abort the start due to insufficient juice, then hold up the show waiting for ground ops to roll out a GPU. Only in LaGarbage...
Quote: What is so horrible about starting the right engine at the gate there when it works everywhere else?
The first excuse was the airport authority would not allow it, but that appears to not be the case.

Now the excuse is pushing back with a tow bar may put the pushback operator too close to a spinning prop while turning. Understandable, so Mesaba needs to get some sleds out there and train the LGA ground guys to use them.
Quote: Welcome to the THUNDER DOME boys and girls!

How you folks liking/Disliking the US Airways flying so far????
And to answer your question, I'm havin a helluva good time!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to