FedEx 727 leaving sooner

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I've been hearing rumors that the 727 will be leaving shortly after peak. Anybody else hearing this? If so will those left on the 727 get paid to stay home until they can train them on another airplane?
Last ITU class is finished... For what that is worth.
Quote: I've been hearing rumors that the 727 will be leaving shortly after peak. Anybody else hearing this? If so will those left on the 727 get paid to stay home until they can train them on another airplane?
I would expect a Vacancy bid after peak followed shortly by an excess bid off the 72.
I've heard this too. I would expect the 727 guys to get the same thing the DC-8, 747, and DC-10 guys got.
Quote: I've heard this too. I would expect the 727 guys to get the same thing the DC-8, 747, and DC-10 guys got.
That is a pretty good deal to get.
Under the Just Culture/Ethical Leadership concept, Poster #4 from the Town Hall meetings, we should cancel pending training from the last bid and hold an excess bid for the 727 SOs just like we did after the age change. Then excess from whatever seats get overfilled from it.

Rules should be applied in a consistent and fair manner.
Heard last night in the lounge at the Marriot Hotel in CDG" The 727 will bring the MD-10 crews back to MEM from the desert when they park al of them"
I'll believe it when I don't see it on the ramp anymore.
Quote: Under the Just Culture/Ethical Leadership concept, Poster #4 from the Town Hall meetings, we should cancel pending training from the last bid and hold an excess bid for the 727 SOs just like we did after the age change. Then excess from whatever seats get overfilled from it.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how "equitible" the "New Just Culture" really is.
Quote: Under the Just Culture/Ethical Leadership concept, Poster #4 from the Town Hall meetings, we should cancel pending training from the last bid and hold an excess bid for the 727 SOs just like we did after the age change. Then excess from whatever seats get overfilled from it.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Every 72 S/O (except those prohibited by age) have been able to participate in every bid we have had since they were on the property. If there is an excess due to the 727 going away, the S/Os (and everybody else on the 72) will be allowed to participate in the excess bid per the CBA. They will go where their senority allows them to go and where they bid to go. With new hires in just about every right seat, that should make it fairly simple. Do you think a widebody F/O will be excessed to a narrow body due to a senior S/O or F/O bumping them? Captains may be a little different story since there have been some folks camped in the 72 for a lot of years. If they bump a wide body Captain back to narrow body, who gets the blame?
Quote: ?....who gets the blame?
We took a vote and decided you would take all the blame
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to