Jet Blue Coming to MEM

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
From the local news idiots:
MEMPHIS, TN -
(WMC-TV) – A huge burst of optimism is coming out of Memphis International Airport following two recent meetings with a low cost carrier interested in coming to the Bluff City.

"JetBlue is a great airline. Much like Southwest, they are customer focused," Jack Sammons said. "I expect they will come at some point."

Jack Sammons is chairman of the Memphis Shelby County Airport Authority. He said that he and the airport's president met with JetBlue executives a week ago and said they were "profoundly interested" in coming to Memphis.

A few days later, Sammons got an assist from Memphis Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien, who had business with JetBlue's CEO.

Sammons told Action News 5, "He was up there to meet with him and he thought, 'Hey while I'm here why don't I plug for Memphis.' What a great partner he is for Memphis and a member of this community and delighted to have him join in the affirmation of this great opportunity for JetBlue to come to Memphis."

This comes on the heels of Southwest Airlines' success in Memphis. The company has been here officially since November 2013.

"They're overwhelmed by their success here," said Sammons. "I suspect at some point they may very well be our largest carrier in this market."

Sammons says he will learn more about Southwest's plans for the upcoming year next week when he visits the company's headquarters.

As for JetBlue, the problem may be finding enough aircraft to fly in and out of Memphis. Another meeting with JetBlue and Memphis airport leaders is tentatively set up in two months.
Build it and they will come....sort of. Not really. Never mind.
Haha, I used to live next door to Jack Sammons when he was a city councilman. He kept a loaded shotgun behind his front door so when one of the "N*****s" (his word) knocked at his door he would have it in hand. He's pure politician, 100% thru and thru. I'm sure he's gonna make some cash outta Jet Blue coming to Memphis. But this is good news for folks trying to go see Elvis and get to work.

Not everything you hear needs to be r******d (repeated)

I think this would have sufficed;

... He kept a loaded shotgun behind his front door so he would have it in hand. He's pure politician, 100% thru and thru...,
In today's day and age I don't understand why someone would actually post a comment like that. It makes them look worse than the person they might be talking about. Guess they just don't see it that way. Too bad.
Mel Brooks is the only white guy that can say the N word
Why would he a need a shotgun if Nerds knock on his door?
Ohhhh, nerds. I was thinking nuns.
Oh thank you for helping me understand. I'm so ashamed. I related an actual story and the internet PC police start correcting my shameful ways. Thank you for your help.
Quote: In today's day and age I don't understand why someone would actually post a comment like that. It makes them look worse than the person they might be talking about. Guess they just don't see it that way. Too bad.
Wait, I missed this reply. Dude you're hysterical. You're right btw, I am worse than the guy holding a shotgun in peoples faces. You're a doosh.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to