Luggageworks Stealth Aviator vs Stealth Air

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hi, had my standard 22" pns rollaboard for about 10 years now and it is time for a new one. I posted this on this sub forum becuse I do the long haul charter/cargo thing so I don't drag the bag excessively, just once every few days. It does get checked on commercial airlines at least a few times per month though. Would you guys recommend the aviator or the air, or even the standard pilot rolling bag. The lighter air would be nice but I'm concerned about its durability wen being checked.

Thanks!
Zippers (teeth and tab), stitching, wheel bearings

My first LW bag, a 22" Stealth purchased when it was still PNT, lasted through seven years of RJ abuse. The next lasted three years in the environment you described. The one I have now is going back for its second warranty repair since it was purchased nine months ago. I doubt my next bag will be LW. YMMV
LW 22" ABS Plastic frame
Go with this...

LuggageWorks Executive 22 Inch Pilot Bag

I bought this and it is VERY light. The plastic the frame is made of, is used on car bumpers. It wont bend or scratch and the color doesn't fade.
6 1/2 pounds empty. Great guarantee.

Travelpro Crew 9 22" Expandable Rollaboard Suiter 407122205 | Luggage Pros

But if you want I have a brand new Purdy Neat stealth I will sell you for $150

pm me if you are interested.

FR8
Just picked up the stealth Aviator to replace an original PNT Stealth. Outstanding bag! Get it and don't waste your time with anything else. Their design updates are spot on and fix some of the zipper vulnerabilities rampers seem to love to exploit.
Travel pro is junk and dealing with their customer no-service is even worse.
Quote: Travel pro is junk and dealing with their customer no-service is even worse.
That may be your experience, I have had great luck over the years with them and have never had a problem with taking the bag to the warranty center for a repair. And a 6 /12 pound bag compared to a 20 pound one make a big difference when you have to haul it up the stairs.
I used Briggs and Reilly for the long haul stuff, but it was too big for domestic. So I bought this:

Luggageworks Aurora

I love the bag. It's lighter than the metal framed ones and better construction than a Travel Pro (I've had a couple of those). That extra couple of pounds makes a big difference. One caveat is that I currently live at base, so it's not getting thrown in the belly every time I go to work. I've only had it for about 8 months but so far been very happy. YMMV
I will be flying positive space but not checking a bag and want something that fits and is light and durable.

What bag do y'all suggest?

Thanks
http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signa....11760915.html

Got my third one...each of the previous two lasted about 5 years each. But for $99?!! It is the best bag out there (and expandable, for those can't-resist shopping sprees from the Mongkok Night Market)
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to