Award To Training Timeframe

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Anybody have a good read on how long it's been on average for pilots awarded 737 Captain to be sent to training? I know there's lots of factors MP weighs, but if anybody has a ballpark swag, I'd appreciate it.
Same here, I have a 15-11 award and would like to go to training sooner than later
Well, that maybe answers part of my question. You've been waiting since July without a date? So at least three months?

(Sorry to hear that BTW)
1511 is a November effective date, so that's when I'm hoping to start training is this coming month but curious how long waits have been recently to head down to IAH for the 737
Much of it depends on what fleet/seat you're coming from. If you're in an overstaffed spot they tend to get you there earlier.

Your best bet is to email pilot planning and just ask them directly.
All of you, the company will not keep track of your dates for pay, let alone if it goes long enough to get a bump out of it.

Keep track of bidders that are trained junior to you, and the effective dates of the bid. You might be able to get pay protection out of the deal. That way you get paid the higher rate, and bid your current seniority and hours. Pretty nice deal.

Unless you squawk about it, you'll not get paid. I consider this yet another area the company willing violates the contract on a daily basis.
Quote: All of you, the company will not keep track of your dates for pay, let alone if it goes long enough to get a bump out of it.

Keep track of bidders that are trained junior to you, and the effective dates of the bid. You might be able to get pay protection out of the deal. That way you get paid the higher rate, and bid your current seniority and hours. Pretty nice deal.

Unless you squawk about it, you'll not get paid. I consider this yet another area the company willing violates the contract on a daily basis.
I had thought about that, Dave. So here's an additional question:

How can we see if somebody junior to us has been trained?
Quote: I had thought about that, Dave. So here's an additional question:

How can we see if somebody junior to us has been trained?
CCS Staffing page. Look at the staffing pages of those junior to you. Once they get a training date it shows in their future assignments. ALPA does do a good job tracking it though. It's in the monthly SSC reports.
And you also get bumped in pay for late activation the 2nd bid month following the effective date of the bid. Make sure you look at that.

Lee
Pay protection, as it is called, is spelled out in the contract. It's not that clear and will take a few readings to sort it out. About 3 or 4 different triggers for pay. It pays to keep track, literally.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to