AA retiree travel benefits ?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey Guys

Regarding a non-pilot employee who retires from AA, what are the travel benefits on AA ? How about other carriers ?

I believe you need to put in 10 years of service prior to being able to retire, correct ?

Thank you very much
Quote: Hey Guys

Regarding a non-pilot employee who retires from AA, what are the travel benefits on AA ? How about other carriers ?

I believe you need to put in 10 years of service prior to being able to retire, correct ?

Thank you very much
Dunno.
I would add from observation that they basically suck.

(I'm going Amish when I retire )
Quote:

Thank you very much
15 years for AA.
I thought it was Years of Service (min 10)+ Age = 65?
Quote: Hey Guys

Thank you very much

Hired after July 31, 1996 was 55 yrs old + 10 yrs minimum LOS.

Now there's a '65 point plan'. Age + LOS = 65 to qualify.

Same coverage as a regular employee. Specific agreements with OA's might restrict retirees?

Six vacation passes (higher priority vs std non-rev). But non vacation passes come behind active employees non-rev'ing.

Half the number of 'buddy passes'.
Can anyone from other airlines (UAL, SWA, ETC) chime in on vacation passes for retirees. Delta does not offer those. Thanks
Quote: Can anyone from other airlines (UAL, SWA, ETC) chime in on vacation passes for retirees. Delta does not offer those. Thanks
SWA doesn't have vacation passes for anyone. It's just non-rev as an employee (with or without your dependents), or non-rev as everyone else. Those are the only two categories. Retirees can still non-rev but there aren't any higher classification passes.
Quote: SWA doesn't have vacation passes for anyone. It's just non-rev as an employee (with or without your dependents), or non-rev as everyone else. Those are the only two categories. Retirees can still non-rev but there aren't any higher classification passes.
Thanks. Do retirees non-rev with a lower priority than active employees. That is the case at Delta. I would travel with a lower priority than someone hired yesterday.
Quote: Thanks. Do retirees non-rev with a lower priority than active employees. That is the case at Delta. I would travel with a lower priority than someone hired yesterday.
That happened last week, the only way I can get to ORD/MDW is thru LGA! God bless the "Shuttle."
Quote: Thanks. Do retirees non-rev with a lower priority than active employees. That is the case at Delta. I would travel with a lower priority than someone hired yesterday.
Yes retirees non-rev below active employees and ahead of guest or buddy pass travelers.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to