JB launches fleet review - bye bye E190?

Subscribe
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53 
Page 51 of 53
Go to
Jetblue is the single largest 190 operator in the US. Azul in Brazil and then Air Canada. This fact speak volumes of the quality of the aircraft and the resale value. Much like the A-330/900 the ability to purchase an aircraft, spare parts and potentially resell them in a downturn is extremely limited when you are the only operator hence Hawaiin cancelling their 330 order for the 787. The 195 is a bad idea, there is no other way to put it.
Jetblue airways E-190's require 4x more MX to achieve ALMOST the same reliability as the A-320. Plan and simple the aircraft is not reliable without herculean MX efforts. In addition, Embraer support for the aircraft has been difficult as well. Reports indicated Embraer failed to has answers for many of the electrical issues plaguing the fleet.
Either the 195 or C-series will require new sims and parts(some) but to gamble on the 195 somehow being different to the 190 is idiotic in my opinion. As pilots we will exceed EVERY OTHER EMPLOYEES TENURE at an airline and to see your management continue to make these poor business decisions is frustrating to say the least.

Order the C-series and be done with it.
Heard an interesting schoolhouse rumor. Third party info at best. JB does not intend to take anymore 320 frames, only 321. As the 320 retires it won’t be replaced. So how does that 320 blended rate look now in a few years when we are flying nothing but 321s for average 320 rates. Should have been a pay trigger or override for 321 frames. So many things this TA doesn’t improve upon. I’m having a hard time saying yes just for better vacay, scheduling, scope. Everything else was a setback.
Quote: Heard an interesting schoolhouse rumor. Third party info at best. JB does not intend to take anymore 320 frames, only 321. As the 320 retires it won’t be replaced. So how does that 320 blended rate look now in a few years when we are flying nothing but 321s for average 320 rates. Should have been a pay trigger or override for 321 frames. So many things this TA doesn’t improve upon. I’m having a hard time saying yes just for better vacay, scheduling, scope. Everything else was a setback.
I voted based on a schoolhouse rumor too- I stand by my decision.
What rumor did you hear lol?
Quote: I voted based on a schoolhouse rumor too- I stand by my decision.
The threat of flying 321's or 195-E2's at discount rates if we vote Yes is probably more real than a regional flying in Jetblue colors if we vote No. The company was willing to give away scope but not pay rates.
The company had said it is pretty much going all 321. It burns same amount of gas but a lot more seats.
Quote: Should have been a pay trigger or override for 321 frames. So many things this TA doesn’t improve upon.
No thanks. Don't want to have to go chasing around 321 pairings for better pay.
Quote: No thanks. Don't want to have to go chasing around 321 pairings for better pay.
But the ta rate wouldn’t change for the 320 its already bottom of the barrel.
Quote: But the ta rate wouldn’t change for the 320 its already bottom of the barrel.
It wouldn’t? How do you know that?
Quote: The threat of flying 321's or 195-E2's at discount rates if we vote Yes is probably more real than a regional flying in Jetblue colors if we vote No. The company was willing to give away scope but not pay rates.
In Negotiations nothing is just given and everything has a cost.

Thats how i ended up on the sofa last night.
41  47  48  49  50  51  52  53 
Page 51 of 53
Go to