Frontier Negotiations Discussion

Subscribe
365  415  455  461  462  463  464  465 
Page 465 of 465
Go to
Is there any reason not to just figure out what percentage of contribution you have to make to hit the 401K limits by the end of the year?

I just calculated what it'll take to hit the 19,000, and set mine at that.
[QUOTE=Aero1900;2748087]Is there any reason not to just figure out what percentage of contribution you have to make to hit the 401K limits by the end of the year?

I just calculated what it'll take to hit the 19,000, and set mine at that.[/QUOTE

None that I can think of? Dollar cost averaging is a good thing IMO. This is one of many reasons we wanted straight DC. Because like I said earlier, if you max in lets say July you don't get the companies 5% till jan 31 the following year (old agreement). I usually try and max by the last paycheck of nov or first of dec. Makes the Christmas gifts nicer.
Just found out a pilot I know has been at Frontier less than a year. They came from a regional. They said they like it a lot, especially after the new contract. They were planning to go to Spirit, but Spirit had a 60 day wait for Health Insurance, so that was a nogo...
don't now yalls language. so i can't say . but at spirit we could put the bonus monies into the 401k. the max this year is $19k. IRS doesn't care if it comes from bonus or salary. 19K is 19K . regardless of 'withholding rate' of bonus at the end of the year your tax rate is based off your taxable income. If you are short, you owe money. If you paid too much, you get a refund.
Per our HR folks and Negotiators Newsletter #41, the Ratification Bonus is not qualified as income so not eligible for the 401(k). But you can up your participation for several paychecks instead (up to 90%) instead, and use the bonus for regulars bills.
FYI......
365  415  455  461  462  463  464  465 
Page 465 of 465
Go to