Ramp wait time

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Corporate Bubbas,,
Just curious, what's your average time spent waiting for passengers past you scheduled departure time?
After 2 years of 135 no more then 10-15 min on average.
Our folks are pretty good about being on time, or calling for changes. We always tell new folks that we are always ready to go :30 prior to scheduled departure time, if they're going to be earlier than that call, a little late - no big deal.
Most would apologize if they were late.
My standard answer: we are on your schedule today .Take your time.
Then suggest they visit the 'facilities' before we go lol
Quote: Most would apologize if they were late.
My standard answer: we are on your schedule today .Take your time.
Then suggest they visit the 'facilities' before we go lol
I like your saying! If I can find a job I will use the same words.
Well, there is part 135 and part 91. In 135 your customer (or surrogate) is usually paying, in Part 91, the company is paying. We are part 91 and we go at our scheduled departure time (really important for Int'l flights). If someone is late and misses the flight, too bad. They can fly commercial and justify it to their boss.
True.
In 135 if you're about to go on a $15,000 flight...you can be late as far as I'm concerned.
Some people show up late just to make a point. In that case..ah well.
Why be bothered.
Here's the safety exit here's the snacks.
We'll be there an hour late.
Enjoy
Depends on who it is but usually within an hour. Some people up to
3-4 hours. Reggie Jackson; lucky if its same day but he is nice.
Thanks for the responses, just curious how bad our passengers are. Waited on the ramp 5 hrs the other day and I was wondering if it was that bad for other folks flying 135 and 91. They usually aren't that late, but it's not uncommon for them to be an hour or two late.
Give them a gentle nudge about flight plans, ATC delays, 'fitting in the system' blah blah blah depending on how knowledgeable they are.
Have your dispatcher call their broker.
Try and stay out of the direct communications as you don't want to be the 'trouble maker' when they finally show up.
I've even been acccused of being st the wrong FBO.
Yeah right lol
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to