Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Subscribe
127  177  217  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  237  277  327 
Page 227 of 697
Go to
Quote: I'll just link the classic reddit rant, it's extremely accurate.

Q400 real talk
Reminds me of "set and selected" in the ID802.

I've had a few guys say that in the jet.... bro
N622AE transferred from Trans States to Envoy ABI-DFW 6/26/18 after it’s heavy check.
Quote: N622AE transferred from Trans States to Envoy ABI-DFW 6/26/18 after it’s heavy check.

Can't say I'm surprised. 56 total jets at PDT is the number straight from the Hoggs mouth.
Quote: N622AE transferred from Trans States to Envoy ABI-DFW 6/26/18 after it’s heavy check.
Didn’t they announce Envoy was getting all the 145s from Trans States? I’m thinking it’ll be more than 56 with CLT base and all.
Quote: Didn’t they announce Envoy was getting all the 145s from Trans States? I’m thinking it’ll be more than 56 with CLT base and all.
Yes this was announced 2-3 months ago so should come as no surprise.
Just because the TSA birds are going to Envoy doesn’t mean they won’t send 20 different 145’s to PDT eventually.
Quote: Just because the TSA birds are going to Envoy doesn’t mean they won’t send 20 different 145’s to PDT eventually.

Or, we stop at 56 jets and finally catch up on the training backlog and become an airline with a functioning reserve. Do you know how many build up lines were available in the July bid package? 0. We are going to have cancellations due to crew shortages in July.

Some of the optimism at this company blows my mind. Plan for what the company tells you the plan is, or worse. Lyle Hogg literally said we are only getting 56 jets at this time. That could change, but why hitch yourself to a company that is openly admitting the growth will stop? Meanwhile, PSA and ENY both have legitimate aircraft orders and plans for growth.

New hires beware. You will more than likely be sitting reserve or buildup once our growth stops, and we are a very young airline seniority wise. Also, our reserve rules are incredibly outdated. 1.5 hour call out and all reserves are short call.
I bet we stay at 56 for a while but IMO it’s pretty clear that going forward AAG wants all its WO’s To be single type airlines.

Envoy 175’s
PSA CRJ’s
PDT 145’s

Now one could argue on how many 50 seaters AAG wants to keep online in the future. I don’t see them going away anytime in the next 4-5 years. (AAG is always 2 steps behind the times)
Quote: I bet we stay at 56 for a while but IMO it’s pretty clear that going forward AAG wants all its WO’s To be single type airlines.

Envoy 175’s
PSA CRJ’s
PDT 145’s

Now one could argue on how many 50 seaters AAG wants to keep online in the future. I don’t see them going away anytime in the next 4-5 years. (AAG is always 2 steps behind the times)
You’ll see less 50seat aircraft when the older crowd at mainline gives up more scope for extra $...
Quote: You’ll see less 50seat aircraft when the older crowd at mainline gives up more scope for extra $...
Fortunately the old guard no longer makes up the majority vote at mainline. Also mainline is now littered with eagle flow throughs that were previously screwed by scope so I wouldn’t count on any scope relief as they know that outsourcing flying will just decrease their own lines.
127  177  217  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  237  277  327 
Page 227 of 697
Go to